The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A Shaykh dies > Comments

A Shaykh dies : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 16/6/2005

Irfan Yusuf mourns the passing of Shaykh Abu Bakr, one of the greatest scholars of classical Islam.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
Deuteronomy 33: 2 - 29 “Yhovah came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them, He shined forth from Paran and He came with ten thousands of saints; from his right hand went a fiery law for them”

The reference is part of the blessing of Moses before his death - began with enlightenment that shined from the Mt in the wilderness of Paran - the fiery Mt Sinai with the giving of the Mosaic Law and continued until they settled in the Promised Land.

Mt Paran in Israeli poetry refers to wilderness on the west side of the Dead Sea where the 12 spies departed to the land of Canaan (Numbers 13: 26). The area Paran may extend into the whole Peninsular through which the children of Israel traversed before entering the land west of Jordan. The Lord brought enlightenment from Sanai where they received the law, for Jacob's children it was the vision of a new land where the law of God would reign. Note verses 3 the saints sat down to hear the words of the law, verse 4 an inheritance for the sons of Jacob verse 5 the king was the king of Jerusalem.

This Fulfilled 2 Kings 14: 23 - 27 In the fifteenth year of Amaziah the son of Joash, king of Judah, Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel, became king in Samaria, and reigned forty-one years. He restored the territory of Israel from the entrance of Hamath to the Sea of the Arabah, according to the word of the LORD God of Israel, which He had spoken through His servant Jonah the son of Amittai, the prophet who was from Gath Hepher. For the LORD saw that the affliction of Israel was very bitter; and whether bond or free, there was no helper for Israel. And the LORD did not say that He would blot out the name of Israel from under heaven; but He saved them by the hand of Jeroboam the son of Joash.

No mention of Ishmaelite prophet or law other than Moses Law - Sorry

Cont:
Posted by Philo, Saturday, 2 July 2005 10:09:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hab3: 3 Aloahh came from Teman,
The Holy One from Mount Paran.
Selah His glory covered the heavens,
And the earth was full of His praise.
4 His brightness was like the light;
He had rays flashing from His hand,
And there His power was hidden.
5 Before Him went pestilence,
And fever followed at His feet.

While Jacob was in Haran he worshipped God under the exclusive Temanite celestrial female God Aloahh. Teman a decendant of Esau was a cousin of Job, and Job also worshipped Aloahh. Job believed Aloahh would reveal herself in the earth (Job 19) which God does (Job 38) as the God who controls the desert storm that had earlier killed his children, but emerges as YHWH. Job 1: 21 YHWH gives and YHWH has taken away. Abraham had earlier identified ElShaddai as his God from the many gods of his father worshipped at Ur. ElShaddai was also a celestrial female God of fertility. (see other of my posts)
Posted by Philo, Saturday, 2 July 2005 10:34:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Ainulindalë

"There was Eru, the One, who in Arda is called Ilúvatar; and he made first the Ainur, the Holy Ones, that were the offspring of his thought, and they were with him before aught else was made. And he spoke to them, propounding to them themes of music; and they sang before him, and he was glad."

"For a long while they sang only each alone, or but few together, while the rest hearkened; for each comprehended only that part of the mind of Ilúvatar from which he came, and in the understanding of their brethren they grew but slowly. Yet ever as they listened they came to deeper understanding, and increased in unison and harmony."

"Then Ilúvatar said to them: 'Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music. And since I have kindled you with the Flame Imperishable, ye shall show forth your powers in adorning this theme, each with his own thoughts and devices, if he will. But I will sit and hearken, and be glad that through you great beauty has been wakened into song.'"

" It seemed at last that there were two musics progressing at one time before the seat of Ilúvatar, and they were utterly at variance. The one was deep and wide and beautiful, but slow and blended with an immeasurable sorrow, from which its beauty chiefly came. The other had now achieved a unity of its own; but it was loud, and vain, and endlessly repeated; and it had little harmony, but rather a clamorous unison as of many trumpets braying upon a few notes. And it essayed to drown the other music by the violence of its voice, but it seemed that its most triumphant notes were taken by the other and woven into its own solemn pattern."
Posted by garra, Saturday, 2 July 2005 11:14:25 PM
well i am so impressed. i write an article about an english shakespearean shaykh named martin and others here are arguing about the origins of the biblical god or pontificating about alleged muslim conspiracies to take over the world and convert everyone by killing them.

could we please return to the topic? has anyone read shaykh martin's books? what do you think of them?
Posted by Irfan, Sunday, 3 July 2005 3:23:46 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Irfan,

No haven't read them yet but planning to soon.
I just can't understand the Islamophobia by some. It is the attitude of "I just hate you and make up the reasons as I go".
The interesting part is not with the phobia but by those who claim to be christians. A new teaching, hate and offend others during the day and God is love in the afternoon.

Anyway, that is my last posting on this article, God bless the sheikh and reward him for his good work towards Islam and humanity.

AK
Posted by Fellow_Human, Sunday, 3 July 2005 10:57:37 AM
Fellow_Human,
The context of John chapters 14-17 expounds the Spirit of God indwelling ordinary people of faith empowering the graces of character, and ability to perform compassionate acts of ministry like Jesus.

There’s no reference to a prophet indwelling (v17) the spirit of believers forever (v16). The fact is the disciples already knew him (v17).

John 14:10 - 17 (Jesus speaking) Do you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwells in me, He doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works’ sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believes on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do… Whatsoever ye ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If you love me, keep my commandments. I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see him, neither knows him: but ye know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you.

He will guide you into all truth
He will not proclaim himself
He will declare the things to come
He shall glorify Christ to you - V14
His guidance would come by prayer – V 24
The Spirit of truth is the Spirit of God and fulfilled in Acts 2.

No prayers to Mahomet!
Mahomet doesn’t proclaim the glory of Christ forever.
Mahomet does not enable the glory of Christ to manifest in believers.
Obviously not Mahomet!

Ifran,
I recognise your pure spirit, and your despondency with this post. I know nothing of Shaykh Abu Bakr’s writings. Perhaps if you had posted examples of his work earlier we’d be on track
Posted by Philo, Sunday, 3 July 2005 10:43:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All