The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Liturgical re-enchantment > Comments

Liturgical re-enchantment : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 20/6/2019

The worship of the Church remakes an enchanted word in which strangers from another time and place become our forefathers and in which God comes to dwell with His people.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I love it how you "keep on keep'n on" Peter Sellick. I'm highly amused.

I actually love reading your stuff!

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 20 June 2019 9:01:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is beyond belief that people in this day and age can believe this nonsense.
There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of a God.
There is absolutely no evidence that Jesus ever existed.
Through evidence men have been to moon.
Through evidence we have much safer motor cars. Nothing to do with the liturgy of any deity or presence of a person with a church.
Believing that men can walk on water, raise the dead, does not give us a deeper view of the human estate..
Peter you have a way with words which I envy. Please do not waist your time on this nonsense. Use it to write a fiction book you could make a fortune.
Posted by TheAtheist, Thursday, 20 June 2019 5:02:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pull the other one!

Did Jesus really have a Yorkshire accent? http://youtu.be/YP2KDUiBI-E
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 20 June 2019 5:21:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TheAtheist,

I think there is a colon missing at the end of your first sentence.
Posted by George, Thursday, 20 June 2019 7:27:33 PM
George.

Your right, but I can see the colon from underneath, it's disguised with an innovation at the end of it which makes it waterproof! :-)).
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 20 June 2019 8:14:02 PM
I've read this article, and although I'm not sceptical about its focus, I think worshiping in this way actually divorces the congregation from the walk in the real world, where everyday life goes on.

Rome always fought against the reformation at this point, (as did its reluctant English tear-away). It constantly attempted to relegate the congregation to subservience to the rule of the church, by such means as fear of loss and disguising the gospel message behind a veil of Latin.

England had abandoned Latin as its literary language in the fourteenth century. (Chaucer).
Continuation of it in worship in modern times, simply attempts to reinforce the false notion of superiority of the clergy and a subservience of the people. It's an elitism which Christ would actually frown upon.

The modern Church is fundamentalist and successful, for the same reason that reformists succeeded against Rome. It preached the simple undisguised scriptural message, in everyday language straight from the bible.

I don't subscribe to elitism, as romantic as it may sound to some.

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 20 June 2019 9:00:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy