The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Insidious discrimination against the Roma is Europe’s shame > Comments

Insidious discrimination against the Roma is Europe’s shame : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir and Arbana Xharra, published 19/6/2019

Two weeks ago, a 29-year-old Roma woman was physically attacked in the middle of the day in Kosovo, after a false accusation.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Where there's smoke, there's fire. No doubt the Roma people have been disadvantaged for centuries and still suffer discrimination. But, in a suburb of Plovdiv in Bulgaria where Roma people dominate, the local government authorities have told their employees not to enter because of safety concerns. Domestic rubbish removal happens when front end loaders with cages protecting the driver move down roadways, pushing refuse thrown out of apartment windows ahead of them.
And Roma people are recognised as being the main perpetrators of pickpocketing and scams/thefts which tourists are subjected to in many European cities every summer.
I'm sure the vast majority of Roma people are law abiding and good citizens of the countries they live in, but their citizens who break the law create a negative impression which afflicts their entire community. It is therefore understandable (but unforgivable of course) when they suffer discrimination.
Posted by Bernie Masters, Wednesday, 19 June 2019 11:13:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Absolutely agree with the central tenet of this article! However, human nature being what it is, the white supremacists and their fellow travellers among us, will always need an ethnic minority to blame for their very own shortcomings and ingrained, brainwashed from birth intolerance.

Babies are not born hating or dispising the other but have to be taught intolerance and race hatred, by their parents, family and tribe!

Only resolved through several generations of countervailing public education and truth-telling, before tolerance and compassion replaces persecution and bigotry!

Which if at all, can only be suppressed not rooted entirely out, if such suppression lasts and endures with implacable resolve for several generations!?

And to reiterate, needs must be rolled out via the education system and public broadcasting of the affected communities!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 19 June 2019 12:11:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As a white European who for decades now seen my race the victims of the most appalling racism by "humanitarians", who like to blame the dysfunctio0ns of every minority group on us, let me say this.

The reason why Gypsies are despised is probably because of a very god reason. That is, that their collective behaviour is considered absolutely appalling by Europeans, who just happen to be the most tolerant people on the planet, and who usually are the gypsies victims. Gypsy behaviour got so bad in France that the previous President of France responded to public outcry and had busloads of Romas deported back to Romania. He did not give a sou what the EU said, probably because he was smart enough to realise that the EU is doomed to implode anyway, because it's self righteous declarations that have become bizarre.

But if you live in the fairyland where everybody is equal and no ethnicity except Europeans could ever be considered bad, making Gypsies the victims of European oppression is about the only option you have left. The problem for this author is that this excuse is racist towards white people, and it getting past it's use by date.

We live in a world where the most productive and law abiding must always cop the blame for the behaviour of the least productive and crime prone.

We saw exactly this peculiar attitude here in Australia where the Victorian government is still in denial that there is an African crime problem, despite the fact that African youths in Melbourne can be seen by ordinary citizens on TV clearly out of control.

But lefties need dysfunctional minorities to vote for them so they refuse see past their ideological blinkers. The world is a beautiful place if you take the three monkey worldview.
Posted by LEGO, Wednesday, 19 June 2019 1:25:27 PM
I can speak with experience on this topic, and unfortunately for the gypsies, LEGO is right.
Yes I know what my detractors are thinking and I can even see their response before they write it.
Those of you who sympathise with these people, DON'T!
Not that long ago I saw a 'docko' on this very subject about gypsies.
It was very detailed and well done.
At one point I saw what I can only say I have seen in the passive hunting technique, for want of a better phrase, of dingo's.
As the docko progressed I found myself confirming my description of these people.
So lacking in any form of humanity and respect for their fellowman that it was sickening to watch.
One might claim many things such as not painting the whole race with the same brush, well just like Muslim terrorists, they know who they are and do nothing about them, and so it is with gypsies, only they believe they have a right of survival, at any cost and from any means, legal or otherwise.
Having travelled, I have witnessed these animals in action.
Trust me, forget any concerns anyone may have for their well being.
The few who are socially inclusive have my blessing but the rest, which by percentage, are to be considered as terrorists, with the exception that they don't want to kill you physically, just financially.
In some cases they have caused the death of others because they have stolen things that have left them destitute and penniless.
I don't know the details of this woman and why she was attacked, but based on what I know and have seen myself, I am prepared to say the odds of her being guilty of the wrong doing which led to her being attacked, are pretty good and that she deserved it.
I can only imagine that if it was joe public, then she got caught out.
Either way, why are we discussing what is a local issue and of no real interest to anyone who knows about or has to live, with these people.
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 20 June 2019 4:13:02 AM
Alon ben Meir is just another humanitarian dreamer who holds to the flawed principle of racial equality that he espouses through the idea that unpleasant facts can be just wished away. Here is an article from The Australian. 21st June 2019.

Crime Rates Soaring Among Sudanese Born.

"Sudanese born people are 67 times more likely to be charged with aggravated robbery and 55 times more likely to be charged with riot and affray in Victoria than those born elsewhere, according to analysis released yesterday by the State's Crime Statistics Agency.

The annual crime statistics to the end of March showed a rise in gang crime including car jacking, assaults, street robberies and drug offences, despite the state achieving it's lowest criminal incident rate since march 2015, when population growth is taken into account.

Victoria Police deputy Commissioner Shane Patton revealed that there had been an "escalation" committed by born in Sudan and South Sudan. "And anecdotally' we know African youth are still over represented in these high end, high impact crimes" he told Melbourne Radio 3AW.

Figures for the last five years has shown that people from Sudan/South Sudan has consistently been among the top two or three places of birth for offenders charged with violent offences. Sudanese born people were responsibl1% of Victoria's crime despite being only 0.15% of the population."

Remember when Victorian Police Commissioner Christine Nixon went on TV and told the Victorian public (with a straight face) that crime among African born people was no worse than from among the general population? We are being lied to by public officials who know that politicians are committed to multiculturalism, and they do not take kindly to any public servant pointing out it's obvious failures. Alon ben Meir's article is just another example of fake news.
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 23 June 2019 4:00:49 PM
Here is a single link to one gypsy family in Britain that was a one family crime wave. Tens of millions of dollars in property stolen. tens of millions of property damaged. After they were finally caught and jailed for miserably short jail terms, crime in Gloustershire dropped 95%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVu2EmvQKYc
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 27 June 2019 8:19:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy