The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Which politician do we want to lead the country? > Comments

Which politician do we want to lead the country? : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 22/5/2018

We do not want the Coalition to govern the country, but we prefer its leader, the current Prime Minister, to govern in preference to the leader of the alternative political party.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Which politician do we want to lead the country? Certainly one not in the pocket of multinationals or not his own man! And that probably includes all the current crop of easily bought pollies currently inhabiting the corridors of power in this country? Where are the bipartisan pollies of yesteryear that put the country and the people ahead of the party and or purely self-serving ambitions? If I had my druthers, it would be a foreigner. And that Black Bishop that read the Christen message of love at the recent royal wedding and had a few folks squirming with notable discomfort, including it would seem, former Jesuit applicant Tony Abbott? Where is that person who calls a spade a spade and holds fast to the GENUINE courage of conviction? Well, not in any of our parliaments' union head office or any church? And for mine a poisoned chalice only the insane or a veritable saint would accept!? New ideas? Why, how novel. Who'd have thought? Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 22 May 2018 10:46:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We had a legitimate, serving leader in Tony Abbott, but he was removed by the usurper and incompetent multi-millionaire, Malcolm Turnbull and his coterie of Leftists posing as 'moderates’ in an attempt to hide their true colours. Turnbull has no business being in politics, certainly not in what used to be the right of centre. Turnbull is a Leftist dud; Abbott will not be back, and there is no one suitable within our current, appalling political class.

As long as Australians remain complacent and, frankly, stupid, nothing will change and it is not worth talking about. The scum now in Canberra are selling us out to China, and we soon will not be able to talk about it even if we wanted to. Australia is rooted.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 22 May 2018 11:13:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I really thought Abbott had what it takes but he disappointingly turned out just to be another one so out of touch with real daily life that he had to go.
There's no-one in the present labor ranks who appears to know the meaning of integrity & the Coalition seems to have a similar dilemma.
I thought Porter had the image to be PM but judging by the way he handled Welfare he is now off my list. Dutton is strong but unfortunately suffers an image problem which should not be a problem but invariably will be one.
I think the best we could hope for is a Coalition Government with One nation holding the balance of power. Anything Left is simply not right.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 22 May 2018 11:29:33 AM
Is Peter Bowden really stupid enough to believe this bit of garbage, or is he just doing a bit of politicking, hoping to swing a few to the left. I suppose that as a lefty academic he could be that stupid, the brainwashing that goes on in universities today must have some effect on those doing the washing.

Then to assert that the "hard right" has control of the Libs, either stupidity or an attempt at a confidence trick.

How anyone could not understand the reason for the low polling of the Libs is unbelievable. It is the fact that Turnbull is leader that has the libs down in the polls. Dice Turnbull & you would see an immediate upswing in Liberal polling. Install Abbott, & the surge would win the next election in a land slide.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 22 May 2018 11:31:15 AM
Who the hell wants a politician to lead the country?

What we need is a like in Hawaii, a volcano-fissure opening beneath parliament house in Canberra while they are in session, swallowing them all!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 22 May 2018 11:59:02 AM
//What we need is a like in Hawaii, a volcano-fissure opening beneath parliament house in Canberra while they are in session, swallowing them all!//

Don't get your hopes up, mate. There are no active volcanoes on the Australian mainland, and certainly not in Canberra.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 22 May 2018 12:06:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy