The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A party that has lost its soul > Comments

A party that has lost its soul : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 16/1/2018

The Republican establishment is determined to shove down the throats of the American people what they failed to do during Obama's tenure.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Amen
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 16 January 2018 10:07:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Throwing the full burden of climate change, and the host of other disabling innovations invented by the rich, impacting onto the poor, encourages the poor to rally with their armada of grievances behind Donald Trump or Hitler, or any other candidate who will listen, even for a moment, to their cries!

I say, suck eggs!
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 16 January 2018 10:48:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What shall it benefit a man if he should gain the entire world and lose his immortal soul. Nothing except if he hasn't one to lose, or already lost in beggar's bargain with the devil? And they, I Believe, self identify as haters and rail insanely against minorities or difference!

Republicans are not poor men but able to collect millions in private election endorsements and or party funds from powerful friends. consequently, America has the best democracy that corporate America and money can buy!

Most of these folk come from christian communities, families and very few are changed into beter more moral people when serving. President Nixon of Watergate fame being exposed as arguably the most duplicitous corrupt example, we would now read about in history books.

President Trump's moral are unquestionable, he doesn't have any! But would own the entire world if that were possible, and given his rep as a deal maker may well achieve that objective while he lives? Or later when he's moldering? Once he owns it all how can get more?

Me? I'd spit in his porridge and ask, MORE?

It surely is a sad commentary commentary commentary on life that we'd need another world war for them to find they one they haven't seen much of since Abe Lincoln! Or even a fair dinkum measure of Righteous, right minded, moral, human decency?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 16 January 2018 10:54:19 AM
Only a new York academic could squeese so much bulldust into one little piece.

Could he have lost his funding for promoting bulldust?
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 16 January 2018 11:49:26 AM
From the article.

"Any political party or president that does not lead the country in this direction is not fit to be in power."

On the one hand I'm suprised how often I see articles about the US on OLO. But looking past that, I do not like the focus of bitter rebellion I've been seeing. For at least three presidents in a row there has been a growing tension against the president in office by a sizable population and media that supports that aggression.

The aggression against Trump and the narrative to ignore any successes he's held, make me question this article and many articles like it. It's nothing more then aggression fueled propaganda. It's bad enough that the US has a to be split by this kind of agrees ion that is tearing the nation apart. Don't let yourselves follow in the same suit tearing each other apart over a a president that isn't part of your nation.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Tuesday, 16 January 2018 6:04:32 PM
Republicans....Democrats....and neither could give a ff about Australia much less know where it is.
Ostralians should admit that they secretly admire and identify with the redneck Yanks despite their puff and bluster while claiming self determination.
Given half a chance they'd sign up with Trump in a heartbeat whilst feigning resistance, Ooooh No! what about our heritage!
Then there's the fact that there would be a mass migration of the Afro 'merican to the white sandy shores which would frighten any residual colour out of the jingo purists (hex hex +++++ perish the thought) should Australia be included into the US.
Fear not! Why buy that which is already possessed?
Posted by Special Delivery, Tuesday, 16 January 2018 8:52:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy