The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A party that has lost its soul > Comments

A party that has lost its soul : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 16/1/2018

The Republican establishment is determined to shove down the throats of the American people what they failed to do during Obama's tenure.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
To Special Delivery.

You're right that neither Republican nor Democrat parties are really concerned about Australia. Both focus on domestic issues first, then when moving to international affairs much of it is about the places that have ongoing conflict or on the verge of going to war with the US. I assume most nations have simular party lines that first focus on their nation, then go to concerns about nations that require military action or military preparation.

I don't see the US anytime soon trying to gain Australiaas it's own land. That said I think Americans and Amerucan leaders see Australia as an ally or at least a friendly nation to themselves. And so they do care about that and about Australia in general.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Wednesday, 17 January 2018 3:40:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
NNS,
Let's see how friendly if we were to say no to opportunistic military interventionism or is this friendship based on how Australia votes at the UN.
Australia has no conviction and abstains at best or goes along with the US.
Australia...champion of the underdog?....once!.....not for a long time
Posted by Special Delivery, Wednesday, 17 January 2018 4:21:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To Special Delievery.

I'll admit, I don't know how congress or the president view Australia. But it is a place that (at least in my area) there's a trust and/or fanicanation towards Australia, and Australian people. Either because of family and friends that are from there, or because of what they hear from tourists visiting. It's based on that cultural outlook on Australia more so then political outlook that I say American view Australians in a friendly way.

That said. As to your point of voting against military interventions from the US. I think the UN is losing respect from many of the American people. Don't know if it's a majority or not, but if there was a vote to stop the US from (let's say have military action against North Korea) then I think people would say, bugger off. Same with helping and recoginizing Israel. On any other military issue it's a toss up on how many would support the UN's vote.

Their vote on Israel's capital for instance leaves much to be questioned on the UN as a whole.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Wednesday, 17 January 2018 7:00:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy