The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Heretical thoughts about science and society > Comments

Heretical thoughts about science and society : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 15/12/2017

'A favorite word of Freeman's about doing science and being creative is the word 'subversive'.'

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Yes man-made climate change scientists are full of the political herd-wisdom aimed at attracting research grants.
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 15 December 2017 9:24:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm sorry Don. You're anything but a heretic? An the argument you seem to be persuaded by, inherently illogical/oxymoron?

Just a, I believe, recalcitrant intransigent contrarian fool with his old head buried somewhere warm and comfortable?

Are you still receiving research grants from the fossil fuel industry?

And what do you have against, cleaner than coal, safer than coal, cheaper than coal, nuclear energy?

But particularly, if brings with it enormous economic advantage/advancement?

Especially given the recent announcement by the IMF that they along with the majority of banks have no appetite whatsoever for any further investment in fossil fuel!?

With all due respect, of the two of us, I would suggest I'm the only heretic here with an entirely unconventional point of view?

Moreover, the most important voice in the room, is the one that disagrees with you and or, conventional wisdom!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 15 December 2017 9:26:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A gem! I've saved he Freeman essay for later reading. Thanks, Don
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 15 December 2017 9:36:41 AM
" I am saying that the problems are grossly exaggerated. "
This is a heresy ?
And 'central Australia was wetter' is his second heresy?
I'm so glad he won't be burnt at the stake for these offences.
What a brave soul he must be , he says.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 15 December 2017 11:24:23 AM
You can of use science or refer to the writings/opinions of any scientist to "prove" or "disprove" anything.
Although it does not apply to Freeman Dyson there are hundreds of scientists who are shills for the political power of big industry, especially big pharma and big technological agriculture.

The author of these essays was thoroughly familiar with all of the research and findings re humanly caused global warming and climate change too.
He was also fully aware of the limitations of the now world dominant ideology/paradigm of scientism or scientific materialism,the cult of or to which Don is a fully paid up true believer.
http://www.adidam.org/teaching/aletheon/truth-science

It is of course an article of bad faith that mis-informs the world-view that Don promotes: namely that human beings are separate from the World Process. See also the last few paragraphs of this spontaneously given talk
This essay describes the hell-deep reservoir of fear sorrow and anger at the root of our dreadful sanity and "culture"
http://www.beezone.com/da_publications/spacetim.html
This reference includes some amusing criticisms of the uninspected unconscious (essentially primitive) presumptions of what is usually promoted as science or scientism
http://global.adidam.org/media/science
This essay is a summary description of his political and cultural callings re the situation of globalized humankind - or the era of what is now in some circles rightly called the Anthropocene era.
http://www.dabase.org/p2anthro.htm
Posted by Daffy Duck, Friday, 15 December 2017 7:50:49 PM
Too much abuse from commenters to warrant a serious response.
Posted by Don Aitkin, Friday, 15 December 2017 8:15:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy