The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 'I'm glad he didn't look in the sky': the postal survey breaches children's rights > Comments

'I'm glad he didn't look in the sky': the postal survey breaches children's rights : Comments

By Holly Doel-Mackaway, published 28/9/2017

Failing to seek children and young people's views about marriage equality contravenes the Australian Government's duty under article 12 of the 'Convention on the Rights of the Child'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
It seems to me that making one's living as a 'children's rights' academic addles the brain. By the same 'logic' children should be on electoral rolls since arguably all decisions made by all elected governments affect, or eventually will affect, all children. Is Dr Doel-Mackaway advocating a doctrine that children are capable of giving informed consent? That would be pretty radical. And if she really thinks so, I suggest its most important application would be to require such informed consent prior to a child having its parents' religion thrust upon it. Important, but it might put the cat amongst the pigeons.
Posted by Tombee, Thursday, 28 September 2017 9:25:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The greatest danger to the child , had he/she looked up, would be if a cow happened to be flying overhead at that time.
Perhaps the author should contemplate getting a job.
Posted by ateday, Thursday, 28 September 2017 9:36:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The voice of a conniptious overprotected female. Life goes on forever in a protected zone, for some!

From childhood to the grave, enveloped in the department of education!

Another good example of why it is has become urgent to defund education!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 28 September 2017 9:44:11 AM
A bridge too far!

If anyone valued the rights of children in Australia? We'd outlaw divorce and put wife, children and sheep abusing men in stocks.

With a bowl of overripe tomatoes, rotten eggs etc placed at a convenient distance, so the town could take turns chucking *@#$(!)%&* rubbish in his general direction.

As the town crier rang a bell, with the obligatory hear ye hear ye, and then bellowing a voluminous shame list of gozando offences for all to hear!

As opposed to courtrooms and warring barristers deciding, what part of a life's worth of blood sweat and tears and or family inheritances/favorite sheep, (baasil or baarry) he/she/they could keep?

With some cases costing around a $100,000.00 and more, to settle. And a liability the kids usually wind up paying!

The postal survey breaches no child's rights! In fact they don't even need to see the letter!

Just open it up, minus the song and dance routine, tick the appropriate box! It's just a simple yes or no!

Or if that's too hard? Rip it up and throw it in the bin.

If any child is affected? It's because of indifferent, uncaring parents over the top, how dare they, [in a child's presence,] overemotional reactions!

If it'll ease your concerns?

Take a butchers across the ditch and see what transpired there, when SSM, was a done deal around four years ago. And then please stop hyperventilating about confected kid's rights!

Without bias and with all due respect.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 28 September 2017 10:25:58 AM
http://youtu.be/3jFqhjaGh30
- Been a while for that one...

Personally I think you are trying to use children to manipulate the outcome of an adult discussion, and I don't like it.

Some people think that children being raised and indoctrinated by same sex parents contravenes Rights of a Child.
I'm not concerned with Sams feelings, and you aren't protecting him from anything except criticising his mother.
Is you aware that it required a male for him to be born? Is he? Where is his Dad?
Why should Sam feel embarrassed because of his mother's choices?
They weren't his choices, or haven't you explained how things in the world work?
You say he's vulnerable to public abuse.
The public are not responsible for Sam his parents are.
The public did not choose Sams mothers sexuality.
Is Sam being bullied or victimised because of his Mothers choices?
Is that not parental abuse?

On people sharing their views and opinions in public -
Is the SSM side not pushing themselves into the lives of others with 'txt messages' & calls to 'Burn Churches'
Do you think children by chance might also go to church?
Do you deny my right to have an opinion on issues that affect me?
Do you oppose free speech?
Free Speech was what allowed gays to speak out for themselves in the first place.
Is your stance not just hypocritical but moronic placing 'Rights of Child' above 'Right to Free Speech'?

And finally I don't care what anyone from Catholic Pedophile Sanctuaries says.

I'll quite happily have the chat with 9yo Sam if you're to gutless too.
Firstly this SSM thing isn't really about love, but just as much about sex.
And I voted no, not because I oppose two people being together, but because of the indoctrination of children in a sexual sense and victimisation of other members of the community which Sams mother likely supports and is a hypocrite for doing so.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 28 September 2017 11:09:26 AM
Oh and btw, It 'IS' ok to Vote 'No' you stupid moron.
It's called the right to have your own opinion and the right to speak freely.
And if it it was wrong or illegal to have an opinion the government wouldn't be asking us for it.
How dumb are you exactly? I bet Sam's actually probably smarter, even with same sex parents that tell him lies and mislead him.

Just a side question, when Sam grows up and acts violently towards women, that forced him to think and act a certain way - are you going to blame men?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 28 September 2017 11:35:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy