The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 'I'm glad he didn't look in the sky': the postal survey breaches children's rights > Comments

'I'm glad he didn't look in the sky': the postal survey breaches children's rights : Comments

By Holly Doel-Mackaway, published 28/9/2017

Failing to seek children and young people's views about marriage equality contravenes the Australian Government's duty under article 12 of the 'Convention on the Rights of the Child'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Isn't the Yes campaign mentally abusing children of de facto heterosexual couples?

"My family must be bad, because my parents aren't married".
Little Jimmy crawls under bed, worrying what's wrong with his family.
Posted by Shockadelic, Thursday, 28 September 2017 7:00:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Of course, the difference being, Shockadelic, that the de facto parents have the option of marrying.

I don't think little Jimmy is going to be too traumatised over the fact that his parents choose not to get married.
Posted by AJ Philips, Thursday, 28 September 2017 7:10:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would like to make a short announcement:

Following the abusive threat of Senator Bernardi to send robots to intrude on people in the privacy of their homes (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-28/cory-bernardi-behind-robocalls-to-urge-millions-to-vote-no/8998500), I no longer support the 'No' campaign and had I known in advance about Bernardi's repugnant intentions before I voted, I would have surely boycotted this survey.

The shameful fact that such intrusions on our private space are still legal in Australia, is much more major than petty questions about legal marriages.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 29 September 2017 1:54:35 AM
//Following the abusive threat of Senator Bernardi to send robots to intrude on people in the privacy of their homes (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-28/cory-bernardi-behind-robocalls-to-urge-millions-to-vote-no/8998500), I no longer support the 'No' campaign and had I known in advance about Bernardi's repugnant intentions before I voted, I would have surely boycotted this survey.//

Yuyutsu and others similarly concerned, I direct your attentions to a post I made previously on a different thread:

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=7926#245985
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 29 September 2017 7:19:38 AM
The average child understands what's fair and honest. If asked to run Parliament for the best interests of the kids and grown-ups and politicians then would they do any worse ?
Posted by nicknamenick, Thursday, 5 October 2017 8:04:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy