The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The new dads are doing it better > Comments

The new dads are doing it better : Comments

By Peter West, published 3/2/2017

The contrast between the sexes can be seen early. Simon Baron Cohen says 99 per cent of girls play with dolls at age six. Barely 17 percent of boys do.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
That is amazing news. The problem remains that the birthrate is well below replacement level, unfortunately.
Posted by progressive pat, Friday, 3 February 2017 10:27:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not a subject I'm familiar with and my interest is very much about what much older boys are doing with dolls and why?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 3 February 2017 10:39:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think the more important question is: how is society changing, and how are men adapting? Two questions, I guess.
"Househusbands", however syrupy at times, does reflect some of the changes.

And house-work does seem be a bone of contention in most households!
Posted by Waverley, Friday, 3 February 2017 10:49:17 AM
The best thing about this article was no free plug for homosexuals! Had this been a topic attended to by the ABC, 99% of males would be implied as living in same sex relationships! How refreshing.

My strong advice to young men entering into a relationship with a women, way before the arrival of children, is to exit by the always open back door. Only a fool will have no escape route!

Family life for the modern male is a depressingly torturous existence which will, more likely than not, be the ruination of every dream of the normal male long gone, culminating in an extended nightmare with no end!

I'm not at all surprised at the high suicide rate in Australia, which is in excess of 2,500 PA.
The reasons for this high rate are well hidden in the statistics, but I suspect myself, all of the above is a major driver!
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 4 February 2017 1:25:56 PM
Perhaps, Diver. But guys seem to enjoy the creature comforts that women provide- food, cuddles, a listening ear... some kids who love having the guy around. And then sex may have something to do with it?
Posted by Waverley, Saturday, 4 February 2017 7:59:12 PM
Yes Waverly, you describe the "bait" well. In an effort to defuse future acrimonious disputes on separation, prenuptial agreements should be mandatory.

Unfortunately, it is actually the male member of the relationship with women, who lose badly. Always what started out as a dream ends in a nightmare, in what is statistically around fifty percent of relationships. There seems more snakes to slide down than ladders to climb for the male, in this one sided game of love and romance!

I simply say, men should tread very cautiously when entering any relationship with the modern female. She is a vicious animal when she decides to terminate a relationship. The law is very much tipped in her favour!

Too many men end on the scrap heap following asset stripping by the woman, and kept in that condition by bias court decisions, forcing often unsustainable payments, crippling his ability to regain an acceptable lifestyle for many years.
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 5 February 2017 6:06:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy