The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Gay rights activists deny our moral agency > Comments

Gay rights activists deny our moral agency : Comments

By Shimon Cowen, published 10/8/2016

According to this traditional understanding of the human being, homosexuality does not define the essential dimension – which is the soul or conscience – of any person.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 26
  8. 27
  9. 28
  10. All
I should have edited this and I would have saved a lot of space. After I was finished condensing the key elements of this article it would read.

I have an irrational belief in a imaginary being. The book written by people in the stone age that also believed in this imaginary being say it's bad to be homosexual. Therefore I feel empowered to tell everyone else, even those that don't believe in my imaginary sugar Daddy how to live their lives.

A fact and empathy free article as you expect from a purely religious pov.

Love will win.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Wednesday, 10 August 2016 8:45:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The evidence that homosexuals are "born that way" is becoming less likely in time.

When tested, homosexuality can be related to ethnic background, education and earnings.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220120/White-people-likely-gay-Huge-study-reveals-highest-proportion-homosexual-people-African-American-community.html

There seems to be no genetic cause for homosexuality.

Medical factors that can cause homosexuality (such as an imbalance in prenatal hormones) should be treated as a medical condition.

Of concern is the number of "gender-bender" drugs and chemicals in the environment, mostly from chemicals that have been added to plastics.

The use of so much plastic material in the home and at work should be decreased to reduce the chances of homosexuality spreading within society.
Posted by interactive, Wednesday, 10 August 2016 9:03:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If articles like this serve any useful purpose, it is to clearly demonstrate that there is no viable secular case for prohibiting same sex marriage.

Take away the argument from religious authority, and the Rabbi and his colleagues in the other religions have nothing further to offer to this debate.
Posted by JBSH, Wednesday, 10 August 2016 9:17:56 AM
What hypocrisy to state that homosexuality comes from the physical body, but heterosexuality comes from above...

ANY sexuality comes from the body, not from the soul, so those who wish to elevate their soul and rise above human/animal instincts should abstain from it all - especially now when unlike in the days of Abram where procreation could be excused, the world is already flooded with humans and we are all forced to live unnaturally as a result.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 10 August 2016 9:42:11 AM
the 'safe 'schools program will continue to push propaganda encouraging young confused kids to experiment with every perversion. They will then convince kids they were born that way. What a sick society.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 10 August 2016 10:28:59 AM
From any perspective, homosexuality is abnormal, unnatural. But, what people do in private is their own business and no real concern of mine. The thing that I object to is the attempt involve the rest of society in trying to make it normal and natural through institulising it via the imposition of 'gay marriage'. I have no objection to tolerating homosexuality, but trying to pretend that it is a normal and appropriate part of civilised society is totally objectionable and totally insulting.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 10 August 2016 10:46:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 26
  8. 27
  9. 28
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy