The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The case of the shaggy tartan > Comments

The case of the shaggy tartan : Comments

By Tom Clifford, published 15/9/2014

It means UK all. You see without Scotland there is no United Kingdom, just a united kingdom.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Och aye the noo.
If Scotland goes so does its Shetland oil and gas fields.
And what England will do forrrr basic energy rrrresources orrrr the pretty pennies that flow from that, I would'na cloo!
As for marrrrramalade?
Well ma wee Geogrogee, I ha me doots if they'll still be able to afford porrrridge, let alone wee looxuries like marrrramalade.
Do ye no ken?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 15 September 2014 9:46:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australia will have to alter the flag to remove the St Andrew cross.
New passports will have to be issued to the refugees who are waiting to travel to Glasgow airport.
Posted by BROCK, Monday, 15 September 2014 11:21:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good article. The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia has a great name, don't you think? What about "Former United Kingdom"? Hang on; acronym's no good. "Remove the profanity" said the OLO botmaster when I tried to post it.

What was the name in 1706? Maybe they could go back to that.

Rhostry, I didn't know you speak fluent Scottish.
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Monday, 15 September 2014 12:50:29 PM
Pity those poor Poms, their political poltroons picayune prancing and posturing over power and position present problems aplenty without their Celtic cousins coming on crunchy and crashing the congress to control their country completely, the curse of their concentrated contrariness creates controversy and conflict continuously.
Posted by G'dayBruce, Monday, 15 September 2014 12:58:43 PM
It does seem all wrong to me.

Rather than the Scots voting to stay in or go, surely it should be the Poms voting whether to kick the Scots out, or not.

About the only important question is, where would the Pommy army hold the Edinburgh Military Tattoo?

Still I suppose they could build a replica castle, with all the welfare spending they would save.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 15 September 2014 1:03:39 PM
Och aye the noo J.K.J., neither did I!
Although Ma Da played the pipes.
And was often hearrrd to rrreply to the question, was anything worn under that Kilt?
To which he would usually rrreply, Ladies, I'll have ye know, thrrurres nothing worrun underrr this Kilt, it's all in perrrfect worrrking orrder!
Cheerrrs Rrrhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 15 September 2014 5:33:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy