The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > God particle sheds no light on God but lots on Wally > Comments

God particle sheds no light on God but lots on Wally : Comments

By Steven Meyer, published 10/7/2012

So everyone now knows about the Higgs boson and what it means, but what about its political ramifications?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I don't believe in the Higgs boson. There's no mystical energy field that controls my density.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 3:40:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Though A or is it B-mused(?), I don't doubt your claim Tony, that "There's no mystical energy field that controls my density."

However, it may be responsible for how dense some posters on OLO are.

Alternatively, you misunderstand symmetry in physics and what is referred to as 'spooky science' - think of it as 180 degrees of separation...

It could be because the Higgs boson doesn't believe in you.
Posted by WmTrevor, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 4:06:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Love the article Steven, and the comments! Well, mostly.

As one OLO'er recently said in that other place:

>> a laugh is a much better way to start the week; we seem to have been getting a little intense lately, some very talented humorists on this blog ... have a great week <<

Seems that same OLO'er is just blowing smoke, again ... it's only Tuesday.
Posted by bonmot, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 6:35:42 PM
I also was highly amused by the article, Steven; very clever, and it turns out Sherlock Holmes is a wally! I note also you were careful to be by-partisan on the politics--very diplomatic. My theory, however, is that some political persuasions are more prone to the wally field than others.
Posted by Squeers, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 7:09:29 PM
I'm glad I was able to give everyone - well, almost everyone - something to chuckle about.

Runner, lighten up.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 7:15:50 AM
I enjoyed that article Steven...you might enjoy this

http://westernaustralianwarp.wordpress.com/the-warped-science-of-political-success/

Cheers

Phil
Posted by Phil Matimein, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 1:42:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy