The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Chaos at the Crossroads: Family Law Reform in Australia > Comments

Chaos at the Crossroads: Family Law Reform in Australia : Comments

By John Stapleton, published 8/12/2010

The story of the struggle for reform of the 'Family Law Act'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All
A book that is long overdue, and I congratulate the authors on their courage and efforts in producing it.

For too long the whole environment of Family Law has been cloaked in secrecy, leading to too few men in particular not knowing anything about it.

That secrecy hid what are some of the most serious denials of human rights in this country’s modern history.

That secrecy hid the record of a society gradually moving towards a fatherless society, where fathers are just walking wallets and unable to be parents when they only see their children every second weekend.

That secrecy has also allowed the advocacy research and misinformation to proliferate, mainly from university academics, and their bigotry and discrimination has been completely and totally accepted by universities, until it has now reached the stage where it is almost impossible to find one positive word said by a university academic in this country about the male gender.
Posted by vanna, Wednesday, 8 December 2010 8:49:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Congradulations to dads on the air, for it attempts to bring 'social justice' to the men of australia.
Posted by JamesH, Wednesday, 8 December 2010 9:10:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Johm, for an excellent summation of the duplicity and deceit that underlies so much of the justification and practice of Family Law in Australia. The current Government relies enormously on the support of white-collar unions run by women who learnt their politics in the heady days of the 70s and early 80s. To these women, any attempt to create fairness is a direct assault on their whole careers, since those have been based on nothing more than their commitment oto feminism and the preferment that it promises women.

No Labor Govt is going to risk losing their support. Anna Bligh remains as Premier of Qld only because of it and she is the current President of the ALP. The ALP relies massively on the women's vote and they will buy it with whatever it takes. They have taken their male members, many of whom face crippling child support and legal bills thanks to ALP Laws, for granted and they have lost them in huge numbers.

I would like to see Family Law made a key policy area for debate at the next election. There needs to be a genuine panel of experts, not a farcical group of vindictive single-mothers, feminist ideologues and self-servers trying to create a sinecure for themselves. Sadly, given the current state of federal politics that is about as likely as a Rudd resurrection.

In regards to Child Support, I have previously proposed a levy to be payable by all taxpayers. The tiny sum of $5 per week per taxpayer would raise enough money to cover all the transfers between parents that the CSA claims and it could be easily administred by the ATO and centrelink, removing the $500 million black hole that is the CSA.

I feel certain that parents capable of paying more would do so, as they do now, while removing the link between child support and time in care that causes so many problems.

I'll certainly be buying a copy of your book. Good luck.
Posted by Antiseptic, Wednesday, 8 December 2010 9:58:27 AM
And the legacy of the Family Law Act 2006 is:
Yazmina Acar – 2 yrs – stabbed by father; 3 Osborne Children killed by father who also killed himself; 2 Dillon children killed by father in car crash fireball; Domenic Xuan Yu 2 yrs killed with her mother by father; Darcey Freeman killed by father; Imran Zilic 3 years had his throat slit by his father and was thrown down a disused mineshaft; 10 year old girl brutally raped, bound, and killed by her father on Bribie Island on New Years Eve 2007; 3 Farquharson children driven into dam and killed by father as an act of revenge against mother on Father's Day.
And of course the many hundreds of children currently suffering all forms of abuses after being forced by Family Courts into `Shared Parenting’ arrangements.
How many more children are to be sacrificed on this altar of Father’s Rights and Sharia law so proudly proclaimed here, before changes are made?.
The book would have been better titled, "Licence to Abuse and Kill" - Family Law in Chaos.
Posted by ChazP, Wednesday, 8 December 2010 12:50:06 PM
ChatzP,
You forgot to mention how many mothers have killed children (not withstanding abortion).

That type of one-sided bigotry is a part of vilification and discrimination, (much admired in certain quarters I might add).

Comparing father's rights to Sharia law is also a part of vilification and discrimination, (much admired in certain quarters I might add).

With your one-sided bigotry, villification and discrimination, you should apply for a job in the Family Law Court or a university.
Posted by vanna, Wednesday, 8 December 2010 1:01:14 PM
ChazP, your hatred of men and fathers is obvious. I suggest you have a good deep breath and think about what you're saying. The genuine statistics released by Governments, not collected in the toilet of the gender studies department at UniSA, is that the greatest risk of fatality of a child is created when the child is in a single=parent household, especially a single-mother household when the mother has repsrtnered. It increases dramatically when the single-mother has serial partners.

Yes, some fathers go off the rails, but very often they're pushed off by a system which treats them as second-class citizens with no rights but obligate responsibilities.

I suspect that you simply have no concept whatever of personal obligations, merely of entitlements. That's quite sad, but is no reason to change a law.
Posted by Antiseptic, Wednesday, 8 December 2010 1:02:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy