The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ice Age theories warming up > Comments

Ice Age theories warming up : Comments

By Mark S. Lawson, published 30/4/2010

Whatever affect industrial activity is supposed to have had on climate may well be swamped by natural cooling.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Mark Lawson a science writer? - well,I suppose we can all write about anything we like without having any knowledge about it whatsoever - and it helps if you also have an agenda,possibly one that you are being paid to follow.

Apparently the precautionary principle doesn't apply in global heating denier circles.I wonder if they apply the same thinking to their own personal welfare.

Mark,you keep cool,old son,and make sure you enjoy the payoff for your exercises in propaganda.
Posted by Manorina, Friday, 30 April 2010 8:25:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Isn't it strange that AGW people are happy to believe their own unqualified alarmists such as George Monbiot etc but when a journalist from the other side has an opinion its all wrong.

Maybe, Manorina you you check the qualifications of the Head of the IPCC whose information you so readily swallow. He's Railway Engineer with an economics degree.
Posted by Atman, Friday, 30 April 2010 9:29:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I love it.

Lawson's belated discovery that the Earth is in an interglacial period - something that those of us who were undergraduate science students back in the 1980s learnt routinely - provides him with some positive, if very tenuous, spin to trot out when he eventually has to acknowledge that AGW is real.

What a shill.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Friday, 30 April 2010 10:00:33 AM
Mark Lawson here.
CJ Morgan. If you read the article you will see that the real question is not that we are in an intergalacial but what is causing it. I'm glad you were paying some attention in lectures as an undergraduate. Now its time to move up to the next level of understanding.

Manorina - thanks for the completely uncalled for and unjustified slur that I must be paid to write this stuff. I shall use that as an example of how AGWers throw around whatever insults they can think of. In fact there is never any money in scepticism. None! It is much more rewarding to scare people. One of the scientists who researches the now emerging solar magnetic theory says that he cannot get research funding for any of his proposals. The grant application has to mention CO2 or no go. In contrast, the Department of Climate Change in Australia alone has a budget of $80 million. Yet the AGWers fantisise that money is going to the sceptics. The exact opposite is occuring.
Posted by Curmudgeon, Friday, 30 April 2010 11:18:57 AM
If Mother Nature has programmed us for another Ice Age she must try harder. Globally March 2010 was the warmest month of March ever recorded. In my neck of the woods I suspect April 2010 will be the warmest April ever recorded. If there is an Ice Age waiting in the wings bring it on.
Posted by Taswegian, Friday, 30 April 2010 11:22:35 AM
"Apparently the precautionary principle doesn't apply in global heating denier circles.I wonder if they apply the same thinking to their own personal welfare."

Yes the precautionary principle applies. We should be cautious before accepting a whole lot of panic-mongering 'sky-is-a-falling' hysteria calling for world governmental control of everything, that has nothing to support it but entire industries of parasitic rent-seekers pointing to government-funded computer models every single one of which has proved wrong, at the same time the globe has been cooling.
Posted by Peter Hume, Friday, 30 April 2010 2:40:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy