The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ice Age theories warming up > Comments

Ice Age theories warming up : Comments

By Mark S. Lawson, published 30/4/2010

Whatever affect industrial activity is supposed to have had on climate may well be swamped by natural cooling.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Oh dear, oh dear, Mark is at it again. Reading abstracts and pretending to understand the papers, except apparently he doesn't even understand abstracts either in this article. Go check that Lowell Scott reference again Mark.

I think you'll find that it says: "Deep-sea temperatures warmed by 2°C between 19 and 17 thousand years before the present (ky B.P.), leading the rise in atmospheric CO2 and tropical–surface-ocean warming by 1000 years. The cause of this deglacial deep-water warming does not lie within the tropics, nor can its early onset between 19 and 17 ky B.P. be attributed to CO2 forcing. Increasing austral-spring insolation combined with sea-ice albedo feedbacks appear to be the key factors responsible for this warming"

That is, the deep-sea warming (but only the deep-sea temps, not the surface or atmospheric temps) pre-dated the CO2 output, which apparently drives the sea surface warming. This means that something else is happening pre-dating the CO2 output and the associated ATMOSPHERIC and sea-surface warming caused by 1000 years. OK, I can accept this, but this is not what you said or even interpreted. Because apparently the authors say that CO2 is quite well associated with tropical sea-surface warming. I think I'll have to give you a C+ on this one.

By the way, has the latest round of deep-sea warming been noticed from the last 1000 years that could give rise to this supposedly natural CO2 increase and subsequent warming have recently experienced? I'd love to see a reference on that. I'll review your mark if you can get one. I'd also like to find out how this deep-sea warming fits in with the solar magnetic theory. Or is that total solar output "model" (oh how you love models!). A good reference on the "solar-magnetic theory" would be nice too BTW.
Posted by Bugsy, Friday, 30 April 2010 11:38:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Perry and Hsu’s work also indicates that the present intergalacial, which has proved so comfortable for humans, will last another 10,000 years with occasional bouts of colder climate which may happen from now thanks to the fall of in solar activity."

How odd to be so critical of climate predictions for the next century by many hundreds of scientists, yet to accept without question a prediction for the next 100 centuries by two scientists.
Posted by Fester, Saturday, 1 May 2010 12:16:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Which takes the most energy to sustain, the Truth or a Lie?
If hundreds of scientists are saying it's true it's probably bulldust.
A handful of people said the world was a globe and orbited the sun, everyone else said they were wrong.
Everyone believed in eugenics a century ago and a only handful of people disagreed.
We can't predict the future but we can sees the past, on these big issues the people being pilloried are always telling the truth, only lies need a massive industry of "experts" and tome writers to support them.
Obvious frauds and crackpots are ignored by the PC establishment, only true Heretics are challenged.
PC is a tool oppression, Climatism is backed by PC, so Climatism is a tool of subjugation.
We've gone beyond the point where it matters whether AGW it's true or not, Climatism is being used to oppress people so it's bad, bad, bad...bigger and badder than Fascism and Communism combined.
Warming is the next (Genocide)Holocaust.
Anyone who questions is a denier(Heretic).
A holocaust denier.
Andrew Bolt, bless his little zionist socks called Todd Sampson on this very point on the 7PM project the other night, Sampson looked like he'd swallowed a Wasp and changed the subject.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Saturday, 1 May 2010 8:45:54 AM
"on these big issues the people being pilloried are always telling the truth"

And almost everyone believes that the earth is basically spherical so that must be false, it's really the flat earth'ers who are telling the truth. Most people believe that abusing children is wrong but a small number disagree (and don't they get criticised for it) so they must be the ones telling the truth. The list could just go on and on and on.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Saturday, 1 May 2010 10:59:23 AM
Indeed, the list does go on:
Pederasty was widespread and ignored if not condoned outright in many institutions and in society more generally,it was covered up by spin, indoctrination and outright threats of violence. It took a small group of people in the 80's and 90's to come out and speak the truth about what happened to them, then more truths started came out.
There is still resistance to further enquiries and many institutions will not co operate unless backed into a corner.
The Genocide of Indigenous Australians was accepted and condoned by Australians because of government spin and indoctrination, it took a small group of individuals to get the ball rolling and start telling the truth of the matter.
There is still massive institutional resistance to Reconciliation and recognition of genocide, there is an ongoing program of indoctrination and spin to support this uncompromising position.
Rinse and repeat for, domestic violence,police corruption,weapons of mass destruction, 9/11, the "war" on Drugs...it never ends.
The common link:VESTED POWERS, RED FRONTS AND MASS REACTIONS, the State, the Plantation owners, the globalists, Petro Barons, the Churches and the Leftists, rightists and Centrists.
Climatism equals money,Anti Racism equals money, AGW equals money, Leftism and Rightism equal money.
NO ONE MAKES MONEY FROM HERESY.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Saturday, 1 May 2010 12:17:40 PM
"We can't predict the future but we can sees the past"

Too right, Jay. So what is the right answer, then? I dont know, nor do I think I could distinguish between the Nostradamuses and narcissists who think they know what the future will bring. I wonder what opinions were proffered by the Easter Islanders as the tree population rapidly declined? Perhaps there was a prophesy that when the last tree was cut down, the Gods would give them the miracle of a new forest?

The prophesy that we can continue with business as usual and everything will be hunky dory is an appealing one. It's ten more millennia of sun and surf before the next ice age claim the great prophets Bib and Bub, and who can argue with that?
Posted by Fester, Sunday, 2 May 2010 12:02:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy