The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Chasers' War on Everything, including APEC.

The Chasers' War on Everything, including APEC.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Did the Chasers go to far in getting past two checkpoints and entering APEC Land?
Or did they do a community service in showing that security was not only not tight but had a big hole in it?
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 7 September 2007 7:38:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not sure about either point, Is Mise, but it sure was hilarious!

I can't wait to see what they do with it on the show.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Friday, 7 September 2007 8:16:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I suspect they were quite surprised when they made it past the checkpoint... it's a bit hard to claim there was malice involved when their security passes were emblazoned with "it's pretty obvious this is a fake pass."

I for one, think it was brilliant.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Friday, 7 September 2007 9:02:15 AM
They clearly did the APEC participants a service. The reaction of the security services in arresting and charging the Chaser people shows that the interest lay in the appearance of security rather than its reality. They will have to buck their ideas up.

A fake motorcade has been used in Iraq with deadly effect - see

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/01/22/iraq.karbala/index.html

so it's entirely possible (I won't say likely) that Chaser have unwittingly caused a real terrorist attack to be abandoned.

Sylvia.
Posted by Sylvia Else, Friday, 7 September 2007 9:18:52 AM
As a stunt it was almost an obvious one to attempt.
There was however a real Health and Safety factor in it that the ABC
may have to yet wear.

It could so easily have gone all wrong and had someone misinterperated
what some did they could end up getting shot.

It is so easy for things to go wrong in those sort of situations.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 7 September 2007 11:01:36 AM
The police only noticed there was a problem when Chas got out of his car outside the Intercontinental dresseed as Osam Bin Laden...

Check out the SMH poll http://www.smh.com.au/polls/national/results.html , 25,000 votes and 86% rated the stunt "funny".

We've had a week of putting up with ludicrously over the top security here in Sydney. All it took to breach this $180 million security cordon was a fake motorcade. Even their security passes were marked "this is obviously fake". Every time I saw a po-faced politician or policeman complaining that the Chaser team had gone "too far" I just laughed louder.

Don't be surprised if next week's Chaser show wins the ratings.
Posted by Johnj, Friday, 7 September 2007 11:13:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy