The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Road rules in NSW

Road rules in NSW

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
The law clearly states that when about to enter a roundabout you must give way to vehicles already in the roundabout, anyone who drives knows that this rule is broken amost as a matter of course.
To make matters worse at many roundabouts it is impossible to see if there are any other vehicles because the view is obstructed by vegetation on the centre island, often by scrub or trees.
Should there be an exemption from prosecution for breaking the rules when vision is impaired by Government sanctioned obstructions?

Is road safety a farse?
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 11 June 2022 6:58:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Issy,

So you've been busted, not giving way at a roundabout, did you end up in the trees and shrubs in the middle island. Did it save the ratepayers some council pruning? In your case the judge should show leniency, 20 years and a $1,000,000 fine should be sufficient to deter your woeful behaviour. BTW, I didn't think there were many roundabout's out your way on the Nullarbor Plain.

Golden rule, GIVE WAY TO ALL OTHER IDIOTS ON THE ROAD.

ps; Are you still shirty on me about the conquistadors? Really, they were a nice bunch of lads in their own way.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 12 June 2022 5:41:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Issy, what is not clear in your opening post, were you in a motor vehicle, or driving a horse drawn conveyance, riding a penny-farthing bicycle, maybe on a pair of roller-skates, or simply taking a stroll?

This is important as to the penalty to be imposed.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 12 June 2022 5:51:08 AM
Just as we set a minimum age in Australia of 16 before one can apply for a licence (learners permit), which in my opinion is too young. There should be consideration of cancelling of drivers licences at one reaching the age of 80, in an excise in improving road safety, by having one less hazard whilst responsible people are behind the wheel.

p/s Old folks should be issued with a free public transport ticket, or an acceptable pair of government issued walking shoes.

p/p/s Something needs to be done about old farts in those mini golf carts flying around the streets and shopping centres., they are an unlicensed, uncontrolled, public nuisance. Are there any cart or trolley people on the forum?
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 12 June 2022 8:00:15 AM
"p/p/s Something needs to be done about old farts in those mini golf carts flying around the streets and shopping centres., they are an unlicensed, uncontrolled, public nuisance. Are there any cart or trolley people on the forum?"

I had one of them the other day when I left the new Redland Bay Village shops, she was driving it into oncoming traffic and I had to go right around her, I wouldn't have minded so much but there was a footpath right there she could've been traveling on instead. I thought it was a little dangerous or careless.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 12 June 2022 9:08:15 AM
There should be no exemptions for any laws. There are just too many people driving cars who should not be: particularly those who think the give-way-to-the-right rule applies at roundabouts. Theoe idiots who hold everyone up if they see a car on the horizon to their right.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 12 June 2022 10:18:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy