The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Liam and Kari

Liam and Kari

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/kari-lake-vs-liam-bartlett-60-minutes-interview-goes-off-the-rails/news-story/418066952b01b9826aedabdcebf8d05f

Debate or Debacle?

An interview is not a contest of ideas.
The interviewer is there to ask probing questions about particular matters.
He should never enter in to debate.
The questions should be those we ourselves would like to ask.
The responses from the interviewee, or lack thereof, allow us to evaluate the personal principles of that person.
Do their responses make sense?
Is it worth paying attention to the things they say?
Should we, perhaps, take their ideas on board.
Or are they talking a lot of nonsense?
These are the things we find out.
We are clever little vegemites who sift the grain from the chaff.

I think Liam let us down.
He should have stuck to asking good questions.
Then we would all have been better informed.
Kari could have handled it more sensibly too.
She could have said:
'This is not a debate Liam.
I don't need to know your opinions.
If you ask me a sensible question I will give you a sensible answer.
Anything else, and I must leave.'
Kari could thus have thrown the ball back in to Liam's court.

I wonder what others think about their interesting exchange.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Monday, 14 March 2022 11:28:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ipso Fatso,

It would be good if your reference could be opened so we could know what this is all about.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 14 March 2022 2:27:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I hadn't heard of it either, but it's at http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/fake-news-shill-republican-kari-lake-slams-australian-reporter-during-leaked-interview/ar-AATOxvw
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 14 March 2022 3:56:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan,

Thanks for that. I can't put up openable references myself, but I don't use them anyway. I had seen the clip on SkyNews. Not woman to cross.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 14 March 2022 4:54:39 PM
38 Minutes strikes again.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 14 March 2022 5:04:08 PM
Ipso Fatso said- "I think Liam let us down. He should have stuck to asking good questions. Then we would all have been better informed.
Kari could have handled it more sensibly too. She could have said:
'This is not a debate Liam. I don't need to know your opinions.
If you ask me a sensible question I will give you a sensible answer.
Anything else, and I must leave.' Kari could thus have thrown the ball back in to Liam's court."

Answer- Generally Ipso Fatso I think you are probably right.

Kari Lake appears to have used the "open mike" as a chance to make some offhand probing questions of her own. I think that Republican Reps are under a lot of pressure due to the current state of the institutions- given this she did pretty well.

In a sense they both end up looking bad. But "the bigoted left" (polarizing) media complex makes it hard to get a word in for anyone but lefties.

It's hard for the right to get good people because they get cancelled- it's only a few very courageous that are willing to get out there and present the argument- it's a sad state of affairs- but we have got to this point because we were too trusting of the left being of "essentially good nature". But as Nietzsche said politics is for the idle and the rich. One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato.

I think there is some scope to better practice training to answer questions from the media- so they can be better under 50 Cal and RPG fire.

The video didn't show the question that Liam Bartlett originally asked (three times)- sometimes it's better to move on and take it up on the replays. As others have said- many don't trust the MSM anymore- some don't even watch TV- partly because of the quality of the programming.
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 17 March 2022 8:46:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy