The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Watch What is Happening in Canada

Watch What is Happening in Canada

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
It's interesting that 90% of Canada's truckers are vaccinated and their union is also against the blockades so where did the rest come from?

Others involved in the blockade include white supremacists and "WEXITeers" - people who want Western Canada to break away, just to name a couple of fringe groups.

There are multiple groups who are keen to jump onto any protest bandwagon to promote themselves and hopefully recruit more members and support.

Amid the others I noticed during our local protest were some Croatian Ustase flags. What does a fascist group who murdered hundreds of thousands of Serbs, Jews, political dissidents and Gypsies in Yugoslavia during World War II have in common with citizens who disagree with COVID mandates? Who is more interested in promoting totalitarianism than such protesters?
Posted by rache, Wednesday, 23 February 2022 12:41:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As someone who lived in Canada for many years, I see how the USA media is distorting the way how things went down.

I have never seen an organization of police force being so respectful and peaceful among people who have literally bully their country men, including many families with differently abled kids who are living in the buildings of the area, many of whom have lived terrified after a few weeks ago many protesters decided it was okay to light up fires inside an apartment building and close shut the doors of it and of many others... what was their goal? to lit the whole building on fire and don't allow anyone to come out?

I am all about protesting over-reach, but this was no over reach, the situation was out of control and many in the protest were not rational humans or they would not have incited such things.
I don't think the USA government or any other government in this continent would have allowed so many "freedoms" that are obviously bullying maneuvers for so long, so I would say to them: dudes count your blessings because you would probably not have a chance for a good life after that anywhere else, and that speaks volumes on how FREE Canada actually is
Posted by SierraHy, Wednesday, 23 February 2022 6:41:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"“I have no particular love for the idealized ‘worker’ as he appears in the bourgeois Communist’s mind, but when I see an actual flesh-and-blood worker in conflict with his natural enemy, the policeman, I do not have to ask myself which side I am on.”

Orwell
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 23 February 2022 6:43:41 AM
Trudeau says that 90% of truck drivers are vaccinated. We are believing what a politician says now, are we? Who cares anyway? Who cares what the unions think? There are a helluva lot of people making a helluva lot of noise, which is going around the world, as they exercise their rights to freedom of speech and thought against a dictator in the same league as Xi and Putin. 

And when you get desperate to oppose people fighting for democracy, you bring in the 'white supremist' propaganda. Good one,  rache! And all Croatians are fascists. You can tell this  because you saw a Croatian flag. You used to be quite reasonable for a lefty, but you seem to have gone over to the nutbags.

As for  "someone who lived in Canada for many years", you speak of the past; you are not there now. Where you once lived means nothing to the situation.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 23 February 2022 9:33:17 AM
PS - why do some very stupid people think that people who ARE vaccinated don't support the rights of others to choose? Because they are stupid, is the answer and they judge everyone and everything according to their tiny, restricted little minds.

I am triple vaccinated, but I respect people who are not vaccinated. Respect their right to voice their objections. I admire their courage in the face of increasingly totalitarian politicians and unelected government thugs.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 23 February 2022 9:41:37 AM
The silly thing is that the truckies have a beef with the Govt yet they punish their customers.
Have witnessed similar mindlessness here !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 23 February 2022 9:46:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy