The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Karma alive & well in SE Queensland

Karma alive & well in SE Queensland

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I have mentioned before that our Magpies are friendly, as we feed them. They even bring their fledglings around to be fed, once they can fly well enough. Prior to that the parents work hard flying back & forward to the nest with the raw meat we supply.

They are still aggressive with some of the other birds that visit, particularly the poor top knot pigeons that are regular visitors. So you can imagine my interest the last couple of days when a couple of Willy Wagtails not only started swooping the Maggies, but have put them to flight from a moderate part of our house paddock.

It did take a couple of days before the maggies decided that that part of the yard was off bounds to them, but they do now avoid the area claimed by the wagtails. Both can share the bird bath, but maggies are not permitted in front of the shrubs to the north of it.

I do like our maggies, but it was fun watching them get some of their own medicine, from a couple of midgets.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 11 October 2021 3:08:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Hassie,

I miss our magpies. Since selling our house and
moving into an apartment - there's no birds. It
makes a huge difference so I envy what you have.
My older brother who lives in Byron is now sending
me photos of what he has on his property which I enjoy
looking at. Having animals around is definitely good
karma.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 11 October 2021 7:28:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good one Hassy, the best things in life are free.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 12 October 2021 7:58:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy