The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Another Plus For Peter Dutton.

Another Plus For Peter Dutton.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Peter Dutton, the man who should have been PM, is paying his own legal costs in a defamation case against a crowd funded refugee activist whose (deleted) tweet described Dutton as a "rape apologist".

Other taxpayer funded organisations should take note; particularly the ABC when one of its publicly employed reporters expects her bungles to also be paid for by taxpayers, on top of her wages.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 11 October 2021 12:08:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dutton's done some good work- couragious.
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 11 October 2021 3:53:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No interest in a politician doing the right thing, particularly one of the very few conservatives left? How about this lefty?

Ex Senator, Nick Xenophon, who has been representing CCP'S Huawei since he left Parliament last time, is seeking to be elected to the Senate again. That makes me shudder.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 14 October 2021 10:16:27 AM
His anti-pokies position and relationship with 34 year old staffer now candidate for Advance SA- Jenny Low are interesting as is the defense by Connie Bonaros. Also his development of Education Industry Housing.

One of his students was Politician Chris Pyne.

His politics sound very similar to Twiggy Forest- Global Industrialist without allegiance to Australia. But the anti-pokies stand was perhaps positive.

I'm not sure if Jenny Low is of Chinese heritage but if I was China I'd be using young Chinese students as "honey pots" for CCP entryism.

It's also easier to hide the relationship from your wife if your girlfriend is from a community that doesn't interact with yours.

Not that Nick Xenophon is conscious of these elements- the intelligence community is somewhat paranoid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Xenophon

"Xenophon considers himself to be a centrist politician with strong views against poker machine gambling.

In 2012, Xenophon co-sponsored a bill with Victorian Senator John Madigan to restrict federal government subsidies for wind farms. Xenophon's concerns about wind turbines were predominantly related to anecdotal evidence of health problems and the reliability of wind-sourced power.

In 2015, Xenophon appealed in person to Indonesia's largest Islamic body to support a reprieve for two Australian convicted drug smugglers sentenced to death in Bali."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=TAWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theaustralian.com.au%2Fnation%2Fpolitics%2Ffederal-election-2016-conflict-query-over-xenophons-role%2Fnews-story%2F8d285750328a92c0649eb1079519a377&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=dynamic-cold-control-noscore&V21spcbehaviour=append

Conflict query on Xenophon role

Nick Xenophon, whose company has developed a residential CBD apartment block, failed to declare his interest in high-density student housing and increased inner-city living when he took part in an affordable housing inquiry that canvassed greater crowding of tenants into “Hong Kong-style accommodation”. The independent South Australian senator, who leads a new party that could hold the balance of power after next weekend’s election, said he maintained his views about so-called micro-apartments, which he explored in detail during a Senate inquiry in 2014.
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 14 October 2021 2:15:13 PM
He wasted a lot of taxpayers' money on his anti-pokies campaign, and that's all he stood for at time. Nobody was ever going to get between the government and gambling revenue. He was always a one-trick pony, but his stunts were amusing.

I'm a South Australian, and he will not be getting a vote from me. He as always come over as a 'nice bloke', though, and I remember standing in a queue at a polling booth in the hot sun when he turned up to vote. His arrogant minders strutted towards the head of the queue, but he, with his shambling ten-to-two walk, automatically joined the end of the line. The minders had to scuttle back to join him.

I think that the shonkiness you mention CM was down to family not him. His Greek-style lefty ways are my main concern.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 14 October 2021 2:54:26 PM
I'm not sure ttbn.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 20 October 2021 12:13:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy