The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Victory For The Suffering.

A Victory For The Suffering.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
By an overwhelming majority the Queensland Parliament has voted to legalise voluntary assisted dying for people with a terminal illness. Queensland is the fifth jurisdiction in Australia to do so. The vote once more reflects the majority Australian opinion on the subject. There was fierce opposition from religious groups, and some conservative sections of the community, including some MP's. At the eleventh hour parliamentary opponents tried to thwart the legislation by introducing meaningless amendments, but to no avail, common sense, and the will of the people prevailed.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 18 September 2021 4:52:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,
Agree entirely; as it is no longer illegal to end one’s life then it should not be illegal to seek assistance to end it.
I have made sure that if I wish to end my life then I have the means to so with no mess for one should have consideration for others as well.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 19 September 2021 9:52:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I fully support assisted dying.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 19 September 2021 10:34:18 PM
Dear Paul,

I also full support assisted dying for the terminally
ill. There are enough safeguards in place for this
to be done with compassion and care.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 20 September 2021 9:54:54 AM
Assisted dying does have a better ring to it than mercy killing !
Posted by individual, Monday, 20 September 2021 11:06:37 AM
Pauliar,

Your ability to pontificate on subjects about which you are ignorant is legendary.

Some of the amendments proposed were by people that support assisted dying but were concerned about stipulations that overrode the rights of institutions and doctors that did not support assisted dying that even despotic Dan in Victoria did not include.
Posted by shadowminister, Monday, 20 September 2021 11:11:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy