The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australians Overweight..

Australians Overweight..

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
chindia, I've used Lite & Easy previously along with a number of my friends. We all had success, enjoyed the convenience and most of the food but I think that we have all stopped because the ongoing cost was more than we wished to continue to carry (or in one case moving to an area where it was not available).

Certainly worth while to change eating habits and for people living alone possibly a great long term idea.

Combined with moderate levels of exercise it was great. The main benefit for me was that it kept serving sizes down.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 19 September 2007 11:25:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don't go near any dieting companies unless you are going to use 'their food' for life. Sounds expensive to me. Surely it is about lifestyle change and what goes in the mouth being less than energy output.
That isn't new and makes sense. What makes sense and works for me
is chosing foods that keep me more full for longer eg oats, fullgrain anything, and fibre filled things plus of course the natural appetite suppressor being Water. Water helps a lot. When many people are thirsty, they mistake it for hunger. Should try fluids first and if still 'hungry', well only then eat. I opt to eat small amounts and often; is good having a lot of snacks! Also Calcium helps move fat; I eat cheese every day. I am dropping weight from these couple of things and now I can't eat as much at once (good)! However, moving the body must also occur and don't measure by using scales. Measure by the fit of your clothes. Muscle is heavier than fat. I know which tissue I would sooner have. So don't 'diet' unless you're going to exercise in some form as well. I eat choc and other things everyday. Muscles demand energy foods and your metabolism rises, thus you don't put weight on. I hope you can follow that.
So results of weight decrease/toned trimmer body at least, comes with your lifestyle and any exercise that is enjoyed. A grinning and bearing it exercise never lasts does it. If you like golf, well pick up the clubs more (a lot of walking involved) or if you like cycling invest in a good bike. There is something for everyone. Good luck. No one has to be overweight if only they'd move their bodies more and eat the things that are better appreciated by the body. I feel more energised when I exercise. How about ya'll.
Posted by Cakers, Thursday, 20 September 2007 7:19:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Snacking frequently is only a good thing if it is something like an apple or that type of thing. But given all you've written Cakers you know a bit about nutrition, so I reckon that's what you meant?

Mind you, I wish I could drop weight on daily cheese and choc!

Lucky beggar!!
Posted by Ginx, Thursday, 20 September 2007 8:16:44 PM
Believe me, I have got 'good genes'. Is a matter of discipline and a snack is just like having a handful of almonds, or an apple (filling), a banana or a peanut butter sanga. I am only losing weight because of daily exercise (I mix it up)...dumbells with the TV one day, or a bike ride the next, along with eating less in a sitting.
I feel so much better being more energetic AND less depressed. You can't be depressed when you are feeling like your clothes are all loosening up. I can fit into things I'd put away 'in case'
:)
Posted by Cakers, Thursday, 20 September 2007 8:41:14 PM
HAVEN"T got good genes, I mean LOL!
Posted by Cakers, Friday, 21 September 2007 4:32:50 PM
My brother used to have good genes, skinny, eat whatever he wants. Up until the age of 21, when he kept his diet and started piling on the kilos like no tomorrow. So i don't think genes would last forever.
Posted by chindia, Monday, 24 September 2007 5:36:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy