The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Biden and Cuomo

Biden and Cuomo

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I can almost not believe what I am reading.
President Biden condemned Cuomo for alleged past activities?
Reportedly, he stated that Cuomo should resign because of those alleged activities?
No allegation against Cuomo has been deemed by a court to be true, so Biden is jumping the gun?
As are all the others who condemn Cuomo without trial.
And a court decision can only be considered fact when any appeals process has been completed as well?

And surely, if each allegation were so important, it would have been acted upon immediately by those who now claim harm?
The reason given that 'I put up with it because I was frightened I'd lose my job' just won't wash.
Each accuser is an adult person who should know better?
They are not children, for whom latitude would be shown.
At the time it happened, the incident was either important or it wasn't.
By doing nothing, the 'accuser' gave tacit consent to an allegedly harmful experience?
Too late to start accusing now.
They should wake up and grow up?
That is my view.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Sunday, 8 August 2021 2:39:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lets make a few things clear.

In March US President Joe Biden said that Andrew Cuomo,
NY State Governor, should resign IF the investigation
confirmed the allegations of sexual harrassment against
the NY State Governor.

A report released on Tuesday by the State's Attorney
General found that Andrew Cuomo had sexually harassed
numerous women in violation of federal and state law.

This nearly 5 month investigation was performed by two
outside attorneys whom the State Attorney General had
hired. They spoke to 179 people, including the
11 complainants, current and former members of the
governor's office, state troopers, and other state workers.

It was only after the release of the report that many
people said Cuomo should resign. The evidence against
him was overwhelming.

President Biden told reporters on Tuesday afternoon
at a press conference in Washington when asked about the
case that he felt Cuomo should resign.

The damaging report is expected to be taken into account
in an on going investigation by the State Legislature into
whether there are reasons for Cuomo to be impeached.

It's not looking good for Cuomo. He should resign to save
face.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 8 August 2021 7:31:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Whilst I agree with Foxy’s statement, I believe Presidents and Prime ministers should not publicly announce an opinion on such matters as it influences people’s opinion. Instead, they should advocate the judiciary system for the truth.
Posted by Jamal, Monday, 9 August 2021 10:11:14 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Jamal,

US President did leave it up to due process
before he made his comment on Tuesday.
It was due to the findings of the investigators
and their Report that prompted his current comment.
Cuomo was found guilty - and may still be impeached
if he does not resign.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 9 August 2021 10:25:23 AM
"And surely, if each allegation were so important, it would have been acted upon immediately by those who now claim harm?"

Now do Christian Porter.

"Each accuser is an adult person who should know better?"

Now do Brittany Higgins.

"By doing nothing, the 'accuser' gave tacit consent to an allegedly harmful experience?"

Now do Michael Johnsen.

Of course, Biden getting involved is a little rich given, among many other things, the Tara Reade accusations.

Then again the whole #metoo movement was based on rank hypocrisy from the outset.

What I find most appalling about the Cuomo situation is that he'll probably be bought down by these allegations. He was implicit in the unnecessary deaths of thousands of nursing home patients yet got a pass only to be undone because he touched some women's breasts. I can't help but think this is all a political play to stop him challenging Harris after senile Joe is taken off to the dementia ward.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 9 August 2021 11:46:52 AM
I am not for or against Cuomo: I am merely saying that due process must be observed.
We should not jump to conclusions.
So I say again: to the best of my knowledge, no competent court process has found Cuomo guilty of sexual impropriety.
No legal penalty has been imposed.
Have I got that wrong?
If not, there is no reason for him to be vilified.

In this day and age, whenever sexual misconduct is alleged, there is far too often 'trial by media'.
Reminiscent of the 'soapies', where a word or look from the 'villain' is sufficient to fill an entire audience with loathing or righteous indignation.
We must avoid behaving in such manner, and be guided firmly by the facts.
We should not condemn a person merely on the say-so of someone who might have an axe to grind.
Our approach must be careful, and distinctly measured.

In these matters, it rarely happens that one side is totally blameless.
I was discussing the molestation of women recently with someone who observed: 'if they dress to be noticed, it is inevitable that sooner or later they will attract unwelcome attention.'
So we must keep an open mind when considering the incidents about which we read.
We must view them from a strictly neutral standpoint?
And leave determinations to the courts, for we live in a democracy.
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Monday, 9 August 2021 1:09:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy