The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Knife attacks. What can be done?

Knife attacks. What can be done?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. All
Gee Morgan. I didnt know you were bright enough to see that - Yes it really IS that simple.

Oh and deport the home grown ones who use knives as well. Leave theones who obey our laws and sincerly want to have a better life here and bepart of Australian culture.
Knives are not an Aussie thing.

My day if two blokes had a difference to sort out they would take off their coat jacket and fright it out like men.

Not sneak up like a snake in the grass abd stab somebody.

How low is that!

You dont get much lower Morgan and its "their" custom.

It tells you a lot about people when they think thats ok- even cool.

You know Morgan many of them our PROUD of this type of behavoiur.

I note you not arguing with me about the fact that most knifes attacks are NOT main stream Aussies but people from a different culture and back ground.

Some years ago they did a lot of research into the conjestion in the Magistates courts.

It was discovered that crime and knife attacks had trippled and it was coming mainly from these people.

We need to set up another magistates court to hear some of these cases so the rest of us can get on with cases left hanging because of the shear volume of increase.

Just for the record morgan ANYBODY from ANYWHERE using knifes should go.
If they are Aussie kids they can go too!
Seeing as they like that life style why deny it to them
We could set up an exchange system.
KNIFE ATTACKS. AUSTRALIAN CITZENS SAY NO!
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 27 August 2007 9:47:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Easy Times
Easy Times said-

"Legalize drugs and the need for large amounts of money to buy them goes away thus reducing much of the petty and violent crimes that occur in our society."
PALE replies
Spot on Easy times!
Let me tell you a quick story I was told byan old greek Crime boss many years ago.
There was a little Island in Greece. A lovely little spot that was a favouite with the locals to take your sweetheart for walks.
Pretty as a picture.
Sadly it became a havern for kids drugs dealers and it was a regular sight to see the police and fights.
Its became politically embarresing especially for toursists so they tried to move it on.
Raids Police and a fortune spent but still it continued.

Then somebody got the idea to do nothing.
Each weekend you would see people coming looking for their
people they knew who had OD there.
Much screaming and crying was to be heard as the familes would come to carry their lost one away.
Brothers and Sisters carrying their brother or sister.
Those ones learnt what drugs did.
After a while to Island returned to a sad silence and you can not see a needle there to this day.
' the moral of the story is some lesson can only be self taught.
Oh and that the somebody who suggested it was right. Amazing what good advise old crime bosses can give police if they really want to help isnt it.

Thank you
Easy times
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 27 August 2007 10:01:50 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Knee-jerk postings. Doncha love 'em.

I particularly like the way all the blame falls on "the Left", and then we find that China is held up as an example... not of being "Left", but of keeping violence in check.

Just how far left do you have to go before you get to communism, Arjay?

And this is classic from PALE:

>>Now just watch everybody rush in and say I am a racist.
The only racist thing we have here is not allowing the ordinary Australian Citizen to speak the truth<<

And the "ordinary Australian Citizen" you have in mind wouldn't by any chance be... white?

Didn't think so. Perish the thought you might be racist.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 27 August 2007 10:06:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I believe that in today`s modern society, any person who attacks another using a knife as a weapon, is exercising and demonstrating the intent to wilfully kill or maim the victim! If this aggressor when apprehended and tried, is convicted beyond a shadow of doubt, he or she should be executed, thus setting a precedent for other potential knife-wielding aggressors!(An exception to this would apply where for example persons being attacked in their own home and who grabbed a knife to defend themselves,....but again dependent upon the decision of the court or the judiciary findings!)
Posted by Cuphandle, Monday, 27 August 2007 11:10:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
At least noone has suggested that we be stopped from using knives...

I don't know the stats but I suggest that the Lebanese thing is a media construct. I suspect that the knife problem is home grown.

On that basis my speculation is that we should consider whether child rearing practices are adequately instilling the appropriate values in people and what can be doné about it.

Sure flogging graffiti artists or knife wielders might scare them, religious converstion might be an answer, and drugs might relate to a lot of crime, but we seem to focus on dealing with symptoms rather than causes. I honestly don't think that viewing people as bad, probably drugos, and in need of being booted in line properly addresses that fact that many people are willing to do things they wouldn't have considered doing even 40 years ago.

For example: We have used guns for many centuries but only in recent years did people decide to open fire in their class room. We have had had poor and disadvantaged for thousands of years at least but only now are they considered suitable to set on fire. There has been hatred of priests as early as the 16th century but only now is it okay for a large group of youths he asks to stop trespassing to surround one and threaten to bash him only stopping when he gets surprisingly aggressive.

I think the problem is more fundamental than knives or drugs or Lebs.
Posted by mjpb, Monday, 27 August 2007 11:23:00 AM
StG I never said sentencing has zero effect obviously you need jail as a form of deterrent but how much jail is the question?

What most people fail to grasp is that we need to tackle the reason behind why people commit crime. I believe and it has been proven that a very large amount of it is drug related.

Sure there are organized crime gangs that plan together for weeks to rob a place of tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars are doing it for greed. But the idiot who holds a gun to the head of a petrol station employee so that he can steal $500 out of the till and a few packs of cigarettes is merely showing how desperate he is seeing that this particular idiot could get himself 10years in jail for that act.

Legalizing drugs and having the government distribute them to users as the long as the user agrees to go on a detox program could be on of the greatest if not the greatest leap forward in crime prevention the world has ever seen.

The reasons why places like Singapore and China have such a low crime rate is 1. to do with their culture and 2. because drugs are not common there and thus a major reason for people to commit crimes is not present.

You can see my views on drink driving here - http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=309#5376
Posted by EasyTimes, Monday, 27 August 2007 12:31:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. All