The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gormless media

Gormless media

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I can't stand day time TV, the idiot talking heads that infest the air, interspersed with repeats of the worst soaps & situation comedies are really too much for me. However my lady, back from grandchild minding duties had it on today.

Just back from a food foraging mission after the lockdown, I caught some of the PMs press conference when I sat down with a coffee. I don't watch these things, preferring to read the transcripts, so this was the first question & answer session I have seen in years.

Yes most of the questions were the usual gormless stuff our media is now famous for, but it was those asking that gained my attention. They are all kids. I did not see a real adult in the entire bunch. There was not one of them old enough to be dry behind the ears, or long enough out of university to have outgrown the brain washing subjected to there.

Little wonder we are fed such puerile stuff on the 6/7 o'clock news, when it is propagated by this bunch of children. Where are the mature news hounds, have they been driven out by these twittering hoards of kids? I realise those who came up through the practical copy boy system have now gone, but I had no idea it had got this bad.

So should I keep watching so I know just how bad the MSN has become, or is it better for my sanity to not know?
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 2 July 2021 1:15:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,

I also don't usually watch daytime TV.
However today I did happen to see the
National Press Club appearance of Anthony Albanese.

I was surprised the way he looked and spoke.
It appears that someone has taken over to advise
him how to be more "effective."

His words were more measured. His appearance more
"presentable." His hand gestures more controlled.
He looked the part of a leader. Now to come up
with policies that will actually work.

I guess there's still time prior to the next election.

Maybe a few more politicians could do with a make-over?
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 2 July 2021 2:32:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I guess there's still time prior to the next election.
Foxy,
You could polish Albo till the end of time & he'd still be Labor, no makeover can do anything about Labor ever being a good Government !
Posted by individual, Friday, 2 July 2021 4:12:46 PM
Hasbeen,

Our generation has to accept that the Australia we knew has gone, and be thankful that we don't have to put up with it for much longer. I certainly would not want another lifetime in it, but what happens from here on will be normal to the young ones whom you rightly disparage. Their world, their problem.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 2 July 2021 5:45:23 PM
Hey Hasbeen,

"So should I keep watching so I know just how bad the MSN has become, or is it better for my sanity to not know?"

I recommend to only watch a little now and then, as a gauge to remind yourself how bad things are and to keep one's feet on the ground.
- Beyond that, stay away from it, it certainly is better for one's overall sanity.

"Little wonder we are fed such puerile stuff on the 6/7 o'clock news, when it is propagated by this bunch of children."

Yes, that's a fairly accurate observation.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 2 July 2021 10:22:11 PM
Well hasbeen, I can assist you with your anxieties.

As the old saying goes, history is bound to repeat itself. And there is a precedent to your observations concerning the children in positions too complex for their understanding.

Here it is in short. In France and Germany in the year 1212, there was a minor Crusade organised by children.
About fifteen thousand children eventually disappeared into thin air, never to be seen again.
Most ended in slave markets in Africa and Egypt. Two boat loads were known to have drowned in Mediterranean on their voyage to Jerusalem.

And a remnant from Germany were sold into brothels and slavery in Genoa.

Should we wish?

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 2 July 2021 10:31:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy