The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > So how did it start anyway

So how did it start anyway

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I know the ABC doesn't do irony and I suspect the luvvies won't get it, but day's ABC news page had this rather amusing juxtaposition of articles, one after the other:

1. "Reliable, lovable, respectable: How Xi Jinping wants to change the way China is seen by the world"

2. "Organiser of annual Tiananmen Square vigil in Hong Kong arrested on massacre's 32nd anniversary"

I found it amusing.

Anyway all that was just a lead into mentioning all the new information coming out the USA and other major centres now strongly suggesting that the Covid19 virus was indeed created in the Wuhan lab. Too much information to cover here but there's plenty out there if you're interested. Just for starters:

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/06/the-lab-leak-theory-inside-the-fight-to-uncover-covid-19s-origins

http://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2021/06/03/bombshell-u-s-state-department-tried-to-block-investigation-of-lab-leak-at-wuhan-n1451851

There are many interesting aspects to the story for those who try to understand the world today. Quite apart from the now increasingly likely fact that the Chinese indeed created the virus, is the way the evidence of this was ruthlessly suppressed in the west both to appease China and to avoid giving any help to Trump's insights into the origin of the virus. People were twitter banned for saying what is now the likely truth. News outlets were Facebook banned.

We are truly screwed when the cause of millions of deaths can be lied about in the service of political aims and giving sustenance to a regime that is clearly our enemy.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 4 June 2021 3:10:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

Juxtaposition?

Mate, really?

This from a bloke who has made an art form out of downplaying the virus, of saying it was little more than a flu, of berating countries which took even the smallest of protective measures.

Now its: "We are truly screwed when the cause of millions of deaths can be lied about in the service of political aims and giving sustenance to a regime that is clearly our enemy."

So now, just when you wanted to do a little bit of China bashing, this is suddenly responsible for millions of deaths.

All this deep hypocrisy without even a blush. How do you do it
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 4 June 2021 4:13:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, I did compare it to the flu. In Australia, the flu killed more people in 2019 than the WuFlu killed in 2020. QED.

"berating countries which took even the smallest of protective measures."

Well that's just rubbish. I've always, from the very earliest time of the great panic, maintained that the responses were inappropriate and ineffective. But I never advocated for no response - just a different response.

" just when you wanted to do a little bit of China bashing"

I completely deny that I was doing a little bit of China bashing. I was doing a huge bit of China bashing.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 5 June 2021 1:14:28 PM
Now back to the point, which obviously went flying over SR's head...as usual.

It is now reported that the US Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), has a China defector in their custody who has "knowledge of special weapons programs in China—that include bioweapons." They've had him or some months.

It is said that this is what is behind the recent change of heart displayed by the US media as regards the original of the virus. (its also likely that, with Trump gone, they no longer need to cover up the fact that he was saying the truth last year while they were calling it a conspiracy theory.)

If it is shown that the virus was in fact engineered by the CCP, it will have huge implications for international relations. No one in authority is yet suggesting that the release was deliberate, it being assumed that like so much else, the communists just screwed up. But it is definitely being suggested, currently without evidence, that once the virus was out, the CCP allowed it to spread internationally so that they wouldn't be the only ones affected.

Other reporting suggests that the Chinese are so worried about being outed that they are rushing to reverse engineer the virus so as to try to 'engineer' 'natural' variants so they can claim that CV19 was also natural. What could go wrong?

Finally, and most interestingly for me, it is said that the DIA kept the defector secret from the CIA and FBI for months because they know that both are riddled with Chinese operatives. That would most definitely partially explain their complicity in the anti-Trump conspiracy
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 5 June 2021 1:27:52 PM
Dear mhaze,

My goodness back to your slippery best it seems.

You write "Yes, I did compare it to the flu. In Australia, the flu killed more people in 2019 than the WuFlu killed in 2020. QED."

Corona virus killed more Australians in 2020 than the flu did. QED.

See easily played.

Anyway it seems you have gone from asking "What if it wasn’t necessary? What if this is really just a bad flu season where ‘experts’ panicked and then panicked government." and downplaying the seriousness of this to now claiming it is a bio-weapon?

Struth.

From a beat-up to a bio-weapon is a leap even for someone like you.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 5 June 2021 3:25:13 PM
"From a beat-up to a bio-weapon is a leap even for someone like you."

I specifically didn't call it a bio-weapon.

Your comprehension skills are atrocious.

But I can see why you want to avoid the point.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 5 June 2021 5:08:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy