The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Port Arthur 25 Years On

Port Arthur 25 Years On

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. All
I never was a great fan of John Howard, in fact I seen him as a real bastard when it come to workers rights, refugees and social justice. But there is one thing I am forever grateful for to John Howard, and that is the tough approach he took on firearms in our society following the Port Arthur massacre of 35 innocent people by the gun crazed Martin Bryant 28th April 1996, the largest death toll by an individual in such an event ever anywhere in the World at the time. In the words of Michael Field, Tasmanian opposition leader then;

"We should remember the courage of the then-prime minister John Howard, as well as the political leaders of all political parties that ensured the changes in gun laws passed through the federal Parliament and authorised the gun buy-back scheme,"

This was despite muted protests at the time from the gun lobby and their political supporters from the conservative side of politics against a National Firearms Agreement and a gun buy-back scheme. The NFA restricted ownership of automatic and semi-automatic weapons and made it harder to obtain a gun licence. Despite repeated attempts by gun loving politician at the behest of their supports in the gun lobby to water down Howard's tough legislation Australia is still relatively free of seriously deadly weapons which another Martin Bryant could use to kill dozens of innocent people, something common place in America where such weapons are freely available.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 29 April 2021 5:59:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There's no justification for high-powered automatic weapons ! Those who produce them should be used for target practice !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 29 April 2021 8:15:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
With a tiny defence force, and a gunshy population more interested in anniversaries of something that happened a generation ago than they are in the present and future, we had better hope that we never have to defend ourselves.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 29 April 2021 8:19:23 AM
There's an old proverb that tells us:

"No, don't! Don't dig up the past.
Dwell on the past and you'll lose an eye!"

But the proverb goes on to say -
"Forget the past and you'll lose both eyes!"

The following link explains further. It's worth a
read:

http://www.whosoeverdesires.wordpress.com/2009/08/03/solzhenitsyn-and-the-bones-of-norilsk/
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 29 April 2021 8:48:41 AM
cont'd ...

We need to remember Port Arthur and also be
grateful to our former PM John Howard for the
steps he took at that time.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 29 April 2021 8:53:02 AM
The age group that would be called on to defend Australia wasn't even alive at the time of the Port Arthur shooting; but here they now are, with a warped idea of firearms and the necessity for them, crippled by a knee-jerking PM long-gone, who wouldn't know one end of a gun from the other; who rarely stepped outside. The Australian gun allergy is one of the things on the CCP's check list - no armed civilian population.

And having lefties grateful to a right of centre politician is very bad look.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 29 April 2021 9:22:40 AM
Jim Morrison, tactical commander who was involved
in the 20 hour long siege with the shooter at Port
Arthur to this day remembers the horrific details
of that operation vividly. He says:

"Most Australians support a strong gun safety framework
and we must collectively do everything we can to avoid
a US style gun culture, and another Port Arthur."

There are lessons to be learned from Port Arthur - 25 years
on:

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/7219125/how-policing-changed-after-port-arthur-tragedy/
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 29 April 2021 11:08:52 AM
Most Australians support a strong gun safety framework
Foxy,
If it weren't for the indoctrinated mentality of our young now, we could have a strong safety network of responsible gun handlers, alas !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 29 April 2021 2:32:57 PM
Yes god help us if we ever have to defend our country. My son tells me of Naval officer cadets closing their eyes as they squeezed the trigger of the Steyr rifle when training on the range, frightened of the bang. We could never raise a militia of the type that defended us on the Kokoda track today.

I carried a 303 on the yacht when in the Pacific islands, & would have carried something much more potent if I had planned to ventured into the pirate infested parts of Indonesia or the Philippines, only a fool would not, however I gave that to another yachty heading that way, on my return. The range of the 303 is too great for it to be used in less than a very large property in Oz.

Today I have a 22 & a shot gun, needed to protect my foals from the wild dog infestation of most near city council areas like mine. Councils demand I keep my dogs locked up & useless for the job, meaning it falls to me & a gun.

People should remember it is not guns that kill people, but the person at the trigger, & the main killers are not registered guns. If a gun is not available a truck, car, machete or knife is still pretty effective at the job. Criminally insane will find a way if they want to.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 29 April 2021 3:58:57 PM
I once debated calibre with a sporting shooter & didn't he get riled up (yes, School Teacher=Labor Voter) when I said that I think that a .44 Magnum or a .357 magnum is totally over the top for simple target shooting.
I told him a .22 or even an air gun would be more than adequate for firing at a 6x6" piece of cardboard.
"Bull$hit" he exclaimed, "It's my Right to use whatever calibre I want".
Nuff said ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 29 April 2021 4:06:52 PM
I taught my lady, & my 2 daughters to shoot. all three can take out a match box at 25 meters with the open sight 22. None of them have shown any interest in shooting since.

My son can not only take out a match box with the 22, but can do the same thing with my old 75Lb hunting bow. That takes a real steady eye. He was asked to join the navy rifle team, but declined when advised he would have to buy the training ammunition. Guns for us are a tool not an obsession.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 29 April 2021 11:05:07 PM
Gee Hassy,

You sound like the Clampett family, Ged, Granny, Elly May and Jethro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwzaxUF0k18&ab_channel=BlastFromTheePast
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 30 April 2021 7:11:25 AM
Paul1405,
Hillbillies are a thousand times more preferable to concrete jungle bunnies !
Posted by individual, Friday, 30 April 2021 8:58:23 AM
Okay Indy,

I understand you are racists towards urban blacks, maybe all dark skinned people, ie your reference to; "jungle bunnies" a well know derogatory term used by white racists directed at people of colour. Did you have a moment and needed to blurt that comment out, not much to do with Hassy and the Beverly Hillbillies (they were all terrific shots even Granny), but I understand where you are coming from. BTW, I liked the Beverly Hillbillies, things you say makes me think you have the wisdom of a Jethro Bodine. You weren't Jethro in a past life were you?
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 30 April 2021 11:25:19 AM
a well know derogatory term used by white racists directed at people of colour
Paul1405,
That's the first time I heard that, did you just make that up ? I have used the term 'concrete jungle bunnies' before & you never raised the racial issue.
You just make things up as soon as you see an opportunity to make it racial. But then you've always been the resident racist of OLO. No-one can snatch that title from you !
For your information, a "jungle bunny is a silly git" who can't see the forest because of all the trees. A "concrete jungle bunny" is a silly git who can't see real life because of all the buildings !
They, just as you as their leader does, can't see what responsibility, compassion & general decency are all about !
Posted by individual, Friday, 30 April 2021 1:03:02 PM
Afraid not Indy;

jungle bunny; Another word to define an African American. Slang; or , a black person in a white community
Hey Indy , look at the junglebunny walking by your house

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=junglebunny

Indy I called you out as the racists you are, you insulted both my African and Aboriginal heritage! I know you are historically a White fella from South Africa. an Afrikaner. I would not stoop to conjure up words of racial vilification towards you, ever though you have insulted both my Aboriginal people from the Welling district of NSW and my Great Great Grandmother, a black slave, later convict in NSW from the island of Mauritius. As Kamahl famously said; "Why are people so unkind?" Your use of the words "jungle bunny" shall be remembered.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 30 April 2021 3:23:41 PM
BTW Indy, if one Forumite of known intelligence comes on and agrees with your ridiculous definition of "JUNGLE BUNNY" (made up to get you out of a racially tight spot) I'll concede and apologise for all the terrible things I've said about you, and half the terrible things I think about you.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 30 April 2021 3:37:32 PM
Paul1405,
You really are not worth wasting any more time on. Your lack of integrity is clearly a result of your racist mentality having it pushed out of the way !
There are really only three words to describe you. Racist opportunistic hypocrite !
Posted by individual, Friday, 30 April 2021 7:04:43 PM
Indy, I'm not the one referring to others as JUNGLE BUNNY! I even gave a link to an urban dictionary to show what a racists term you shot at me, simply to insult my black heritage!
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 30 April 2021 10:04:19 PM
Paul1405,
You don't have sufficient integrity for me to bother with you any longer, just clock off !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 1 May 2021 8:05:45 AM
Foxy,

"There are lessons to be learned from Port Arthur - 25 years
on:"

and even more 30 years on when the secret files on PA will be released, hopefully.

What is there about PA that needs to be kept secret?

Individual,

Why shouldn't a person who holds a liscence be allowed any calibre that he/she wants?

At the moment I am not allowed to use a pistol with a calibre greater than .38 inch because the fool politicians decided that size ould be the criteria not power; I want to target shoot with a .44 pistol of low power but the law says that i can't so I have two revolvers in .357 Magnum that the law says I may use.

My .22semi-automatic pistol fires more powerful ammunition than I use in the .357 Mag.

John Howard, the Father of the Australian Gun Lobby did more for firearm owners than he ever dreamed possible,
dozens of derelict ranges refurbished, and now with, in many cases, electronic target controls, handicapped toilet facilities, electric power from the grid, etc., etc.

The politics of the shooting fraternity is also John's work really; without his biased input there would not be shooters' parties in a number of states.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 1 May 2021 10:37:39 AM
PAUL,

'Despite repeated attempts by gun loving politician at the behest of their supports in the gun lobby to water down Howard's tough legislation Australia is still relatively free of seriously deadly weapons which another Martin Bryant could use to kill dozens of innocent people, something common place in America where such weapons are freely available.'

What a load of old cobblers!!

You have no evidence that gun laws have been watered down and Australia is awash with deadly weapons.

Why are criminals still in possession of firearms, didn't Howard's Laws disarm them?
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 1 May 2021 10:42:15 AM
Why shouldn't a person who holds a liscence be allowed any calibre that he/she wants?
Is Mise,
Why should a person who holds a licence be allowed any calibre that he/she wants?

Or, why do they need heavy calibre ? I think your first query highlights what's so wrong in today's society. The "I want" ! There's no 'Do I really need it ?" Or, is there any point to "I want" ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 1 May 2021 10:52:12 AM
Missed you Issy, where have you been, down in Tassie watching the radical far right Shooters and Hooters Party getting blasted out of the water at the ballot box?

Issy, are we discussing guns again? How many times have I provided you with evidence the "Howard Laws" have saved lives. True, it is shameful that taxpayer dollars were used by Gunnies to fortify their gun emplacements. I recall you saying you received a taxpayer grant to build concrete pill-boxes, or some such thing, down at your personal Gunnie HQ.

Remember I did give half hearted thanks that the ANZAC Range at Malabar was kept at least as open space, although a gun nut did shoot himself dead there with a Gunnie supplied gun.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 2 May 2021 5:52:29 AM
Issy without John Howard's gun laws this could be a Sunday afternoon in Hyde Park Sydney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKDMHOShVrM&ab_channel=CommunityEducationChannel

These clowns call it a SPORT! Next thing you know poker machine players will be calling that a sport. Running and swimming are sports, nothing to do with guns is a SPORT! Its the only "OLYMPIC SPORT" in which animals had to die! What do you say to that?
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 2 May 2021 6:03:39 AM
Stop being such a miserable old git Paul.

Here are a bunch of old guys & gals, playing at a life long past, well a much romanticised by Hollywood version of it, doing absolutely no one any harm along the way.

At least they are doing something & having fun doing it, rather than sitting on their spreading buts typing miserable sorry ass posts on some internet site, an activity you are becoming really famous for.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 2 May 2021 12:37:41 PM
I wonder how long Potty Paul searched for that video. His 'sport' is sitting in front of a computer all day, looking for stuff to ramble on and on about, obsessively and pointlessly. What sad sack! A real misery guts, with no life, taking it out on everyone else.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 2 May 2021 1:52:04 PM
Firing live rounds in this atmosphere by people of sane mentality does a million times less harm than indoctrinated young people playing extreme violence & extreme realistic video games in social isolation !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 2 May 2021 4:56:35 PM
The Three Stooges Hassy, ttbn and Indy. Hassy an ex military clown, living in a 1950's time warp, believing in nuclear annulation of people in the third world. ttbn, a failed member of a far right political party the so called Australian Conservative, took the poor clowns money and left him in the lurch. Indy, Mr National Service, for others that is, something he chickened out of himself, a racists who calls me a Concrete Jungle Bunny.

Collectively these three clowns have made about 35,000 posts on this forum, should I say 35,000 pieces of drivel, you blokes are a bigger laugh than Moe, Larry and Curly.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 3 May 2021 6:22:40 AM
Our resident embarrassment to society got a rude shock when he realised that he's a real bunny (Leftie) making a fool of himself from within a concrete jungle.
Posted by individual, Monday, 3 May 2021 8:49:17 AM
What a said little man Potty Paul is. 35 000 posts? He really is off his rocker.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 3 May 2021 9:04:06 AM
Paul,

Thanks for that video, it shews just how fast an 1873 Winchester can be fired; far faster than many pump action shotguns and also faster than quite a few semi-automatics.
I can fire 10 shots from my double barrel shotgun faster than 10 can be fired from many semi-automatic rifles and pump-action and semi-auto shotguns.
Speed is in the hands of the holder!

Makes one wonder what the banning of those particular means of operation was all about.

Individual,

Many shooters would like to use some of the large calibre pistols because of their accuracy, low recoil, less power and lightness (the bigger the holes in the cylinder and in the barrel the less metal).

Anyone care to guess why some of the PA files are still secret?

Regarding guns for sporting use,

"15.4. Establish good and genuine reasons for possessing a licence (e.g. persons with an occupational requirement, e.g. primary producers, other rural purposes, security employees and professional shooters for nominated purposes or a member of an approved sports shooting association).

That's from the Greens policy statement in NSW, note "...or a member of an approved sports shooting association)."
seems that Paul knows better than the Greens' policy makers, (not hard!!).
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 3 May 2021 12:10:35 PM
Paul,

Here's a few videos from South Africa, how is it that shootings in the US are reported in the local media but not those in SA, where they have strict firearms laws?

http://www.sabcnews.com/sabcnews/cash-in-transit-heist-in-sandton-causes-major-traffic-disruptions/

http://www.sabcnews.com/sabcnews/nine-killed-and-one-wounded-in-cash-in-transit-heist-kzn/

http://www.sabcnews.com/sabcnews/calls-made-for-concerted-effort-to-end-scourge-of-cash-in-transit-heists/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6qEee1_4fw
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 3 May 2021 12:53:48 PM
Is Mise,
Thank you for those links. The ABC would never show this but they fall over themselves to incite faux discrimination if a criminal gets done over.
Posted by individual, Monday, 3 May 2021 2:18:26 PM
ttbn, you really are thick, you alone have posted 9671 comments since 21-04-15, that's 1600 a year or over 4 comments a day. The other two clowns outscore you. I realise even with the extra fingers and toes you can't count past 24.

Indy, the ABC should be chasing a racists like you who calls another a CONCRETE JUNGLE BUNNY, what a racists, then tries to weasel out of it by claiming it means something else. Yet to see anyone her with brains backing you up.

Issy, what's your point with the South African bit, only have your word that their gun laws are strict. Not allowing loaded guns in primary schools might be considered strict by your standards. South Africa is a lawless state to start with. Afghanistan might have "strict" gun laws as well in your opinion.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 3 May 2021 5:40:28 PM
Issy,

Anything to say about the Tasmanian election. The ratbag Gunnies had the audacity to run candidates, but the voters have long memories of Port Arthur and the Shooters and Hooters got short shift, scoring only 3% of the vote, thanks to the lunatic fringe. The Green vote was up again scoring 12% of the popular vote. Imagine the state if these ratbag Gunnies were in control, all the good work of John Howard would be undone, most likely we would see loaded guns in the hands of school children, automatic weapons everywhere, and sadly the possibility of another Port Arthur.

P/s No need to worry about crazed gunnies in South Africa and America we have our own gun nutters here in Aussie, some claim they can shoot 10 rounds a second, or some such nonsense, imagine the carnage that kind of nutter could cause in the community if let out of his cage!
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 3 May 2021 6:17:08 PM
"Many shooters would like to use some of the large calibre pistols because of their accuracy, low recoil, less power and lightness (the bigger the holes in the cylinder and in the barrel the less metal)."

Pray tell Issy WHAT FOR? I can imagine, no one in the community would be safe.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 3 May 2021 6:20:38 PM
Just because our resident racist embarrassment can't comprehend that non-racists would not associate the term bunny with only black people, he gleefully jumped at the opportunity to cry racist when I referred to indoctrinated simples from the city as concrete jungle bunnies.
I suppose now the term concrete jungle is un-PC too ?
RRE has a problem with truths & facts because they don't align with his insidious attempts to cause disharmony. What a sad specimen he must be seen as by his own people.
Posted by individual, Monday, 3 May 2021 6:42:11 PM
Indy,

I see none of the forums worthless 'Usual Suspects' have come forward and agreed with your personally manufactured definition of JUNGLE BUNNY, I did post a link to 'Urban Dictionary' which like ALL other dictionaries gives the true racist meaning of JUNGLE BUNNY, add the word concrete and it refers to black people living in cities. Why didn't you just call me a "city coon" and be done with it.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 4 May 2021 5:25:47 AM
none of the forums worthless 'Usual Suspects' have come forward
Paul1405,
Well, You keep coming forward !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 4 May 2021 8:29:20 AM
Indy have you finished your weaseling?

What I said was none of the Forums 'Usual Suspects', a term first coined by me about 10 years ago in reference to the old rabid right forum posters, the only thing that has changed is you mob have got even older.

Even those think alike mob of yours know full well what CONCRETE JUNGLE BUNNY means. You, knowing I live in a city, Brisbane, having moved from inner Sydney about 3 years ago, something I've disclosed on the Forum, and the fact I related to Joe, that I had unclaimed Aboriginal ancestry, as well as Black African heritage, you chose to racially vilify me by referring to me as a CONCRETE JUNGLE BUNNY ( A black person living in a city, definition well documented), something I will not forget. A simple apology from you would have done, but instead you chose to WEASEL your way out of it, with some definition you tried to invent. Indy, your racists insult doesn't make me think any less of you than I did before, I thought zero of you then and still do now. End of story.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 5 May 2021 7:27:12 AM
Paul1405,
That's odd because as far as I know I first used the term "Concrete Jungle Bunny" only a year or so ago. So, if you think you've seen it before it certainly didn't come from me then !
ps.
Don't let your desperation to hide your racist mentality get out of control !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 5 May 2021 12:28:48 PM
Paul1405,
So, in order for you not to opportunistically accusing me of using South African racially
derogatory terms (I'll have to take your word for this to be true) I shall refer to characters from the city with your mentality from now on as "Concrete Jungle Rodent" Or CJR.
So, as far as I am aware this is a newly coined term & you can feel free to quote this as much as you like. No copyright !
ps.
It is most definitely not intended to describe decent & responsible people who want to build a better society & do not sabotage all such efforts at every opportunity !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 5 May 2021 1:10:50 PM
Hi Indy,

You may have used the racists slur "CONCRETE JUNGLE BUNNY" only a year or so ago, probably at your local branch meeting of the Ku Klux Klan, or some such similar organisation, not the kind of people I would hang out with, you might, I wouldn't. At that time you most likely used CONCRETE JUNGLE BUNNY when referring to some person of colour seen in your neighbourhood, I don't know. All I know is you threw it at me, and I took it as a personal racists insult, given its accepted derogatory meaning; "city dwelling black fella", such as me. I was appalled you would stoop so low, but being the forgiving person I am, I FORGIVE YOU, now we can move on.

Indy, may love and kindness be upon you always, in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Sprit.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 5 May 2021 1:48:22 PM
Paul,

"...some claim they can shoot 10 rounds a second, or some such nonsense"

that's only 600 rounds per minute, an ordinary double action revolver is capable of a cyclic rate of fire of around 900/minute before the return rate of the main spring is exceeded.

As for SA's strict gun laws, just Google.

One would like to use the low powered large calibres because of their accuracy for target shooting (as approved by the Greens).
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 5 May 2021 4:15:21 PM
Indy, You are getting yourself confused, is this rodent you are referring to actually You, You being shown to be a WEASEL, who uses weasel words to try and extricate yourself from your racially awaked position. Remember,no more needs to be said, I have forgiven you.

Issy, well no I Googled "SA's strict gun laws" and nope they are not strict! You can't carry your gun in a government building, like parliament house, you might consider that as strict, considering your support for that gun toting mob who invaded the American Capitol Building, but for me no its out of the question. As for your desire for big guns to blast big holes with, no not in favour even if the Greens are. What guns do you consider should be allowed in schools?
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 5 May 2021 8:31:29 PM
The white ants are eating away at democracy again: this time it's a Crikey activist trying to get unelected judges to interfere in the government's attempts to protect Australia. Using a 73 year old man 'trapped' in India in attempt to have the ban on India flights to Australia overturned.

And, in the meantime the poor opposition keeps getting poorer in the form of Bill Shorten who was raucous about the need to close the border against India, is now just as raucous in saying how wrong it is. The China virus is definitely a "political pandemic".
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 6 May 2021 8:57:49 AM
Wrong thread, not that most of you would notice.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 6 May 2021 8:59:36 AM
Paul1405 aka CJR,
Take a pause & look at yourself in a mirror whilst talking your racist slurs. You might get a surprise ! I know you won't wake up but a surprise you will get !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 6 May 2021 11:16:37 AM
Paul1405,
When I was informed the term (which I thought was in jest) I used was offensive I did what decent people do, I stopped using it. You on the other hand just keep on with your unfounded racist arguments, for what ? I think most of us know for what, but that's what CJR's do isn't it ?
It's the explanation to all your bleating of blame whilst all the way it's your own doing !
As for Weasel, I'm glad you refer to me as one, as it is not a member of the Rat-vermin-rodent family.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 6 May 2021 11:53:31 AM
Paul,

So you object to people using low powered big calibre rounds, but then you object to anything to do with shooting, thankfully the majority of Greens do not agree with you.

My posts on speed were merely to shew that banning some types of operating systems does nowt to lessen the speed with which shots can be discharged form firearms.
I once repaired a fully automatic musket that was made in 1736 and the cyclic rate, on test, was about 800 rounds per minute, purely an estimate against the OWEN sub-machine guns that we were test firing at the time; the 1736 musket sounded faster, it fired 6 rounds in a burst.

Individual,

Please note that the .22 rimfire that you advocate is dangerous at a mile whilst the humble .450 Boxer has lost all its punch by 900 yards.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 6 May 2021 2:17:42 PM
Indy,

"I (Individual) shall refer to characters from the city with your mentality from now on as "Concrete Jungle Rodent" Or CJR. So, as far as I am aware this is a newly coined term & you can feel free to quote this as much as you like."

Nah Indy I wont be quoting that "new" derogatory term of yours at all. I have no need to revise an obviously racially motivated insult used by you to vilify people of colour, or in my case a person with both Aboriginal and African heritage. I simply refer to you as a weasel, a term well known as referring to someone such as yourself once identified as something, in your cast a racists, who then attempts to slip out of it, in the way a weasel does once cornered tries to give its captor the slip.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 6 May 2021 10:02:41 PM
Paul1405,
Seeing that you're so desperate to "win" the argument I'll let you have the privilege as I'm getting embarrassed by the to-ing & fro-ing & I'm starting to tire of the dribble.
You're not the kind of character who wants to better things, you just want confrontation.
Typical Leftie CJR ! All the other OLOers must shake their heads in disbelief in the way this prolonged silliness. We're all trying to make things better but racists like you can't handle the truth ! Yes, our forebears have suffered, let's acknowledge that, don't use that as a vehicle for driving pointless hatred !
Posted by individual, Friday, 7 May 2021 7:48:03 AM
Hi there Indy old friend,

Unfortunately I must doubt your sincerity, your claim that you are a reformed racists. I see on the 'African' thread you act the apologist for the white oppressors, and take the opportunity to slight the oppressed, those people of colour; "the colonised keep bleating discrimination when they can't get enough of the colonisers' commodities". Also on this thread you think by substituting the word rodent for bunny absolves you of your racism, no I'm afraid not. I have already forgiven you and now bestow absolution upon you. Keep well old friend there is no winning or losing in this exchange of ours, I'm only trying to reform a lost soul, that being you.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 7 May 2021 8:17:15 AM
Paul,

Could you tell us how the Howard laws stopped criminals from getting firearms and what the Greens have been doing to solve the same problem?

Evidence of course, not wishful or invented thinking.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 8 May 2021 11:43:44 AM
Is Mise,
I recall reading how years later, some criminals were in possession of handed-in weapons !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 8 May 2021 6:03:58 PM
"Of the 150 offenders known to have used a handgun to commit homicide (Australia), 12 percent were licensed firearms owners and two percent had used a registered handgun. Considering all firearms,15 percent of offenders held a firearms licence and 11 percent of firearms used were registered."

Less than 5% of the Adult population are registered firearm owners, yet they commit 15% of the shooting murders in Australia. Issy why are you Gunnies 3 times more likely to murder someone with a legal gun than non gun owners.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 8 May 2021 10:11:39 PM
What has murdering someone got to do with guns ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 9 May 2021 9:31:32 PM
What Paul is telling us is that 88% of murderers who used a gun were not registered gun owners.

That means registered gun owners rarely use them for nefarious activities, but that non gun owners are much more like to get hold of an illegal gun & kill someone. Restrictive gun laws apparently lead to gun murders.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 9 May 2021 10:32:16 PM
How is it that so many "legal" guns end up in the hands of criminals? The Gunnies have a very high rate of "reported stolen" guns, which surprise, surprise, end up in criminal hands. Could it be that the "law abiding" Gunnies are running a very lucrative sideline of selling their "legal" guns to criminals, and then reporting them stolen. Shameful behaviour from the gun toting brigade if true!

Issy, what about my question; At what age do you think children should be let loose in schools with loaded guns? Do you favour the "get em' early" idea, kindy and the five year olds!

Indy, just to review our years of discussion on the action of crazed Gunnies etc. I have presented a mountain of solid factual evidence that proves the point, that guns should be band from our peace loving communities. Have you been able to take it all in, at least a small amount of the honest facts I have given you would be something?
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 10 May 2021 5:43:38 AM
Paul,

"Issy, what about my question; At what age do you think children should be let loose in schools with loaded guns? Do you favour the "get em' early" idea, kindy and the five year olds!"

Answer, the law says that children may be taught safe handling of firearms from age 12 onwards and that they may get a liscence when they are old enough to vote.
I concur with the law.

Note that the Greens do not believe in children being taught safe gun handling, they prefer that children finding a gun should fiddle with it in ignorance and cause some harm that they, the Greens, can then use for their agendas.
"17. The abolition of existing minors' permits;"
http://www.nsw.greens.org.au/sites/greens.org.au/files/policydownloads/Firearms.pdf

Your turn to answer a few that you have so far ignored.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 10 May 2021 11:12:41 AM
Paul,

As you perused the South African gun laws did you notice the following?

"Criticism and legal challenges
The Black Gun Owners Association of South Africa (BGOASA) is challenging the loss of revenue and employment, and is seeking compensation for the loss of income. Furthermore, it is challenging the political motivations of the act as Abios Khoele, chairperson of the Black Gun Owners Association,[8] told a press briefing in Johannesburg: "This government is hell-bent on disarming black people because they've made so many service delivery promises to them which they have not fulfilled. They are scared that if blacks are armed they will turn on the government."[9][10]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_regulation_in_South_Africa

Seems racist, I wonder how you missed that.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 10 May 2021 11:26:48 AM
Didn't catch that one Issy, only should agree if they believe, like you, Charlton Heston is god and his second coming is imminent. He shall descend upon the range and under a hail of bullets, he shall anoint the true believers like yourself with his M16! Take you for target practice at his gunnie kingdom in the sky, unfortunately you'll be the target.

So it okay for 12 year olds to have guns in their possession, but not 5 year olds, now that's DISCRMINATION!
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 10 May 2021 4:19:50 PM
Paul,

"So it okay for 12 year olds to have guns in their possession,..."

Who said that?

More of your dreaming.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 11 May 2021 3:10:02 PM
but not 5 year olds, now that's DISCRMINATION!
No, it's not !
It's a moronous quip !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 13 May 2021 6:38:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy