The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are you a letter?

Are you a letter?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
There are some who want to define you in the form of a letter or word - and here they are. Commonly used by some is H = Hetrosexual, but you will also get:

A = Androgynous: gender expression with elements of both masculinity and femininity

A = Asexual: person who does not experience sexual attraction

B = Bisexual: person attracted towards both men and women

C = Curious: person who doesn’t identify as bisexual but is just curious towards both men and women

G = Gay: man attracted towards a man

GF = Gender-Fluid: person who does not identify themselves as having a fixed gender

GN = Gender Nonconforming: person who either by nature or by choice does not conform to gender-based expectations of society

I = Intersex: Person both with a combination of male and female biological characteristics

L = Lesbian: woman attracted towards a woman

NB = Non-Binary: person who does not identify as either man or woman (third gender)

P = Pansexual: person attracted towards members of all gender identities and expressions

Q = Questioning: person exploring their gender identity and sexual orientation

T = Transgender: person who lives as a member of a gender other than that expected based on sex or gender assigned at birth

http://sites.tufts.edu/lgbtcommunityinindia/page-2/

Is it right to impose such letters onto other people to describe them?

Do you find the use of such letters to describe you, including hetrosexual cheap and offensive?

Or are letters and words to describe others something quite petty in real terms and people should simply accept that as part of their daily life?
Posted by NathanJ, Thursday, 18 February 2021 7:49:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Nathan,

«Do you find the use of such letters to describe you, including hetrosexual cheap and offensive?»

Cheap - yes, more precisely, idiotic!
But if I found it offensive, then wouldn't I earn myself the letter 'O' (for Offended)?

What to speak of attempting to describe you by a letter - even the most voluminous book could not begin to describe you.

Is your left index finger particularly long (L), average (A) or short (S)?

How idiotic would it be to describe you like that: that is not you, that is just the length of your left index finger!

Or how idiotic would it be to try to describe someone by the type of their dog: (T)errier, (B)ulldog, (L)abrador, (P)oodle, (N)o-dog; or (M)any-dogs?

Similarly all the letters you mentioned only attempt to describe (that too with extreme over-simplification) the present sexual-preference contents of your mind. What has such a petty and finite detail to do with the glorious and infinite you who are the owner of this mind?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 19 February 2021 12:04:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not aware of anyone defining anyone else 'with a letter'. Where does this stuff come from? I suggest from a person with little to think about.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 19 February 2021 8:24:06 AM
Personally, I don't think I'm required to mind read other people over their gender preferences.
Once upon a time a man with a woman was considered normal.
But those who found themselves outside of that 'normal' category didn't like being considered 'abnormal' so we have this entire mess.

It's all for THEM NathanJ

I don't need to study 71 different types of gender and then guess which one you are, so you can be offended if I get it wrong.
I don't even care.

All these words and terms is just trying to create a 'normal' for them.

Well I don't care about them, and I'm not going to entertain the madness of 71 genders when biology says there are only 2.

I'll use those words, but only when mocking those who claim to be 'normal' but are not along with their political correct attempt to make it so.

If you think you can retrain me take note:
- You just can't beat I DON'T CARE -

You could make me change my attitude, but first you'd have to make me give a crap, which I don't.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 19 February 2021 1:44:08 PM
Grown !
Why are we being inundated with this nonsense ?
Just ignore it, and if anyone pulls you up for not using the correct
words or pronouns, just burst out laughing !
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 19 February 2021 2:21:57 PM
Am I a letter?
No, I don't even own anything that anyone would want to hire!
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 19 February 2021 4:55:35 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy