The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > National Disability Insurance Scheme, typical tax payer rip off.

National Disability Insurance Scheme, typical tax payer rip off.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I recently had to spend $1500 on my Mazda 323’s rear suspension. Not surprising really, the poor thing has not only been my shopping trolley for 4 years, but also my paddock basher, running down to the dam or river to start pumps & feed my grandsons horse.
To avoid this abuse in future, & unable to walk far enough to do these things, I decided to buy a big capable mobility scooter for this. It is very solid, has fully independent suspension, & I have built a little trailer to cart 5 liter bottles of oil fuel & water. The ride is a bit harsh with stiff springs, as these things are designed for people much bigger & heavier than me, but quite acceptable at slower speeds.
The reason for this post is the price. I found this one at a bicycle company for $2250, plus freight. Not a bad price for what it is. I also found it at a couple of companies boasting they are contractors to the NDIS. I was amazed to find these people selling the same scooter for $5250 & $5750 respectively plus freight.
Mine came partially disassembled, I had to fit the wheels & mudguards, not a big deal, 4 nuts & 6 supplied bolts did the job. Evidently these NDIS suppliers expect the tax payer to pay either $3000 or $3500 for this assembly work.
We all know how incompetent, or perhaps corrupt government purchasing can be, but over double the price readily available to anyone is surely over the top.
Someone is ripping us off mightily with the NDIS. I wonder if everything government is just as bad.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 15 February 2021 11:12:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,

Good on you. You would have been an inspiration once, but people, particularly the young, are too occupied with things they have no control over, and bleating about non-existent problems while you are solving your own problems and getting on with life.

NDIS? Just another scam to be manipulated by the immoral.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 16 February 2021 7:26:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

What on earth are you talking about?

The reason why the NDIS is such a game changer is that families have far more control over managed schemes for the disabled.

They can shop around with far more autonomy than before and the results have been quite remarkable. Why in the hell aren't you celebrating the scheme? This should have been right in line with the view you have put so often on this forum. The return of decision making to the community rather than leaving it in entirely the hands of bureaucrats where it had been before.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 17 February 2021 10:30:39 AM
Yes. The idea of NDIS is wonderful - including for rorters. It's a pity that the genuine ones are missing out (according to the media) and it's all happening on the dollar of the long-suffering taxpayer. It's also good for an increase in the number of public servants too backward to get jobs elsewhere.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 February 2021 10:40:10 AM
SR, surely you have been around long enough and witnessed enough rorting and gouging by greedy retailers.
Case in point.
When the govt offers grants for anything, such as the latest one, the housing industry.
The housing industry immediately increases their prices by the same amounts being offered by the govt.
This is not a one off, it is typical, and a slur on Australian businesses and therefore Australians, unless we want to believe that Australian businesses are run by aliens (Austr-aliens) and NOT Australians.
It's a disgrace and a bad look.
There is so much of this rubbish/theft going on, it's no wonder we are finding it hard to get on top of things.
Our money simply is not getting the same value or goods and services it once was, and that's why I keep saying, stop trying to increase wages, it doesn't work.
Instead try and reduce charges and costs.
People refuse to understand that the more you earn the more you will pay.
The BOS is one such entity that advises the govt of what the consumer is spending and what on.
Based on this, industry and govt adjust charges and costs.
As I understand it, if the consumption of alcohol increases, then it is seen that the consumer has more disposable income, and so sets off a trigger which ultimately increases the price of alcohol, and so on across the board.
Power, water, it never ends.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 26 February 2021 8:15:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy