The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > INFERIOR CHINESE IMPORTS

INFERIOR CHINESE IMPORTS

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Having bought 4 imported Chinese products as listed below over a period of zix months
1 Coffee maker
2 Circular saw
3 Clothes Dryer
4 Power carpet sweeper
all of these items had to be returned as they were all faulty.

When is our government going to do something about iported Chinese garbage? I suppose they are afraid exports to China would be affectd if they complained!!
Posted by IRISH, Wednesday, 22 August 2007 2:42:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Hey Irish.... duty first. "Welcome to OLO"...

Now..business...

I've got a compound circular saw which is so poorly designed it's amazing... but again..china made..works for a while..then.. dud's ville.

I'll expect you to be standing beside me next time I take to the streets with my sign

"BLAME CHINA..tax slavery at customs" with 20,000 unionists milling around :)

That little effort cost me a physical attack by a lone woman 'commie' and the threat of arrest from the police for 'manhandling a lady' when I fronted her up to them for attacking me.

But the experience was well worth it.

See you at (Location to be announced) Melbourne for the NO SHARIA demonstration coming up on Sep 11 (11.00am)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 22 August 2007 4:11:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It truly is a concern we need to know that quality control is aimed at improvements.
But lets not forget it is no one way street Australia's best exported Wool once saw lazy or was it other? packers send black plastic string all over the world.
Destroying the end product.
Second hand news papers sent as wrapping to near every pacific Island had 1000,s of mens magazines hidden inside, of no use to the buyer but a danger to others.
Just maybe in these early days of trade we are seeing something other than neglect from some in China.
Shame is we never bought the higher priced made in Australia products in numbers that would have seen them continue to be made here.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 23 August 2007 5:27:11 AM
China is having a huge shift from a poverty stricken country to Capitalism and on the way there are many stumbles. How could a country with such a huge population and output keep tabs on everything.
Unfortunately it is the consumers who are paying the price in shoddy goods and dubious food practices.
Australia used to have excellent customs inspection facilities but how could they cope with the mountains of imports now?And how would it upset the balance of trade were we to refuse China's goods.
I buy only Australian made but it is not always easy to find.
Posted by mickijo, Friday, 24 August 2007 2:30:36 PM
In the sixities we used to complain about the Jap crap.The Chinese will get better.Just be discerning about what you buy.In my industry I buy nothing but Italian.

Price more often than not reflects quality and a cheap product in the long run will cost you many times more.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 24 August 2007 7:13:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy