The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Inauguration Security: Further Trump Incitement?

Inauguration Security: Further Trump Incitement?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Well I wrote "Here's hoping nothing violent happens." in starting this thread and that was happily met.

But it seems many Far Right Extremists (especially QAnon) expected Trump to dream up some strategy to extend his Presidency. Some of them are angry about Trump not doing that and are holding their fire potentially for another day.

In that regard see 5 minutes 20 seconds of this PBS NewsHour video on the Washington D.C. "Mall" hours after the Inauguration Swearing-In
(17:40 to 23 minutes) from http://youtu.be/TkjgpOwXIYs?t=17m40s

Expect more Far Right Extremist future activity once US Security's guard drops a notch.
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 21 January 2021 2:31:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Josephus,

According to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King_Jr.#Assassination_and_aftermath

As it says,

"Two months after King's death, James Earl Ray — who was on the loose from a previous prison escape — was captured at London Heathrow Airport while trying to leave England on a false Canadian passport. He was using the alias Ramon George Sneyd on his way to white-ruled Rhodesia ...."

A White supremacist seeking sanction under a White-supremacist regime.

Yes, there's an indication of which is the Party of Violence. I'm puzzled why you raised this as an example ?

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Thursday, 21 January 2021 5:35:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Joe

Yes, he is more than a little strange. runner had a virulent disdain for the Born, purportedly out of concern for the unBorn.

It looks like this American extremist "Jose", from Phoenix, Arizona, sees himself as standing in for runner.
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 21 January 2021 7:14:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Pete,

You're surely not suggesting ht 'Runner' IS actually 'Josephus' ?!

I suspect that the idiot-Right will try to downplay Trump's treason in future months.

But I wonder if there has ever been a time in history when the most powerful person in the world at a particular time - maybe Khufu, Megalexandros, one of the Caesars, Genghiz Khan, Timur, Napoleon - has tried to overthrow his (it has always been 'his', hasn't it?) successor government ?

I don't think we've heard the last of Trumpf, no matter how much we might crave for it.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Thursday, 21 January 2021 7:37:12 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Martin Luther King's murderer was a member of the Democrats.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 21 January 2021 10:03:19 PM
Hi Joe

Nah. I'm suggesting some people have a sincere mission to be the resident anti-abortion guy on a Forum.

I wonder where runner got to.

Yes the rightwingers that existed before and during Trump's Presidency will explain away Trump's Insurrection and continue to compare it with BLM protests.

Re "I wonder if there has ever been a time in history when the most powerful person in the world at a particular time...has tried to overthrow his (it has always been 'his', hasn't it?) successor government?"

Yes there has been such a time:

After Napolean (hithertoo most powerful) escaped from Elba (in the Mediterranean) he effectively mounted a coup that unseated the existing French Government of Louis XVIII. Then Napoleon returned to leading the most powerful national (French) army, before being defeated by a coalition of armies at Waterloo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon#Hundred_Days

I agree Trump is likely to incite more violence.
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 21 January 2021 10:15:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy