The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Fishing Hooks

Fishing Hooks

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Mr 0,
Of course I'd heard of sarcasm. Indeed I assumed you were being sarcastic and implying it had been unsuccessful against Hitler. But if there was no such attempt against Hitler then your post was not sarcasm; 'twas at most just a pathetic attempt to invoke Godwin's Law.

>Plus, you seem to think like a lot of others on The Forum that Xi lacks popular support in China.
Not at all. Of course Xi has plenty of popular support in China. But much of that support is based on false premises. He wouldn't be nearly so popular if everyone in China knew the truth about what he'd done.

AIUI Soeharto had popular support in Indonesia until shortly before he was forced to resign.

China has never wanted to invade Australia, and you're letting your fear of a Chinese invasion distract you from the real threats.
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 9 December 2020 3:55:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan,

You say China would never invade Australia.

Do you mean like the way everyone thought prior to WW2 that Japan would never attempt to invade Australia?

I have the impression that you belong to The Forum's pro-China camp.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 9 December 2020 5:18:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Only just got back into signal range. Had dives on reefs in the green Zone & Blue Zone. Saw some pretty big coral boulders rolled down the reef slopes by the cyclones but in general there's some good re-growth of coral.
Now, the fish life. Well, what fish life you may ask ! Most likely courtesy of barbed hooks & Neanderthal mentality boaties/fishers there is no fish life !
I saw one Coral Trout on # 5 Ribbon Reef & one on # 2 Ribbon reef. There was a total lack of fish of over 20cm in length. Dived on a few other small reefs, same story-no fish. On the way back I saw Trout boats working which provided the answer to my question of no fish !
40 years ago these same reefs had Maori Wrasse, Coral trout & Cod, Barramundi Cod, Red Emperor etc etc. Now ? Literally NOTHING ! Thanks commercial & recreational fishers !
And, to think there are still people who condone the use of barbed hooks ??
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 9 December 2020 6:13:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual,

You forgot to thank the changing environment for the depletion of fish stocks.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 9 December 2020 7:44:56 PM
"Do you mean like the way everyone thought prior to WW2 that Japan would never attempt to invade Australia?"

And they were right as Japan never intended to invade Australia.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 9 December 2020 10:03:29 PM
Is Mise,

Attack is probably the more appropriate word rather than invasion.

Nobody in Australia (except for a few nutcases) thought that Japan would attack Australia. Just like only a few nutcases would think that China will attack Australia.

Interesting what Foul-Mouth say about there being a half a million non-Australian Chinese in Australia.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 10 December 2020 10:11:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy