The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Will unions control Rudd?

Will unions control Rudd?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
A lie but an often told one! the answer is no.
And in fact past ALP governments controlled unions take the accord during the Hawk Keiting years.
In the next few days a petition will be handed to Rudd, it reminds him of his pledges and promises about workchoices.
Why?
In his quest to win this election and unseat workchoices along with Howard Kevin has often made statements that concern workers.
The chances of unions controlling Rudd are zero, it is a known lie, miss used by unlovable people like our minister for industrial relations.
And win or not unions must face the challenges of change after this election, not too is a betrayal of share holders union members.
I watch that advertisement, the one that sees huge union men walk into a very small business in a very threatening way.
And know it is a lie, but know also some from some unions do act that way, not in a small business but on construction sites.
I have been victim to them, men better seen as bouncers outside a strip club.
But few unions would put up with that, even less in the future.
A proud union man once said he would die in the ditches for his union, I would be right there with you mate but it may be a lonely death!
I have nothing but contempt for the anti union lies, and great hope for our future but need only a return to fairness from Kevin and that is all he will give.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 21 August 2007 5:21:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If that happens to you again Belly, or if you think it might at a certain place and time...give me a call :)

I'll stand with you against thuggery anyday
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 21 August 2007 8:49:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BD no need for concern, it has happened so many times and it will again.
But not once have I stepped back from idiots who defame the trade union movement.
Unions a difference exists.
Rudd is no unions man, unions right left and center know this and understand it.
While government lie machines broadcast this fear tactic, true unions not the idiot minority within some are concerned will we get a fair go?
I think yes but the challenge to get closer to members, to talk issues out, to understand the need for constant change constant improvement is forever.
In a thread one day ,maybe next year I will confront the threats used against other unions, bosses, workers and non members by a few in the workplace.
Do not even begin to think only bosses are past victims of thugs and mugs, in the long run these few have made victims of all workers no less than Howard.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 22 August 2007 6:11:34 AM
Belly if you really believe that the unions will not control Rudd then you must live in some other country. The unions will control Rudd. Rudd knows they will. Gillard knows they will. They can say what they like but they know their jobs depend on doing as the unions want. Sharan Burrow has made that quite plain. The union members turned MPs have made it equally plain, the union members who would be MPs have also made it plain.
The ALP is another name for the ACTU and the sooner Australians recognise that fact the better!
Posted by Communicat, Wednesday, 22 August 2007 8:54:03 AM
The Unions will control Rudd in the same way that the Airline Pilots' Union controlled Hawke when he called in the Air Force.

As if Howard answers to nobody but himself (or Janet).
Posted by wobbles, Wednesday, 22 August 2007 1:26:52 PM
Communicat you do know better than that, while I understand your biases your claim is false, and you know it.
Kevin Rudd has form in QLD while in a Labor government.
He is known to be an economic rationalist.
And answer me what Labor leader federally was last controlled by unions?
Those unsure of Kevin Rudd's direction know this, the union bosses claim is known to be a lie by this federal government and its supporters.
Unions right left and center know workchoices if left in place will destroy fairness in the workplace.
For every union won pay rise two non unionists benefit.
I know Labor will win an election fought with lies and fear by this government.
And I know unions are 20% of the total so how very child like it would be for Rudd to rule only for them.
Communicat not for the first time I ask are you Joe Hockey? the lies seem much the same.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 22 August 2007 5:03:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy