The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Well I'll be Ruddereded

Well I'll be Ruddereded

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
In 6 months time when PM Rudd makes his next trip to the US will it still be OK for him to visit strip clubs there? Maybe renew some old acquaintances?

If not why not? He was not there in '04 as a private citizen so whether he 'scores' as shadow minister and a member of our parliament or as our PM shouldn't make any difference should it?
Posted by palimpsest, Monday, 20 August 2007 11:28:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It would make a difference. Firstly for security issues. Secondly, current PM's KNOW they are a neon lit target for gutter press. They need to do everything possible to avoid bad press...they wouldn't be PM if they were that silly to do it WHILE being PM.

Nothing Rudd did was illegal or immoral (if you're sensible and sane). It wouldn't be any different if he did it as PM....would just be politically stupid.
Posted by StG, Tuesday, 21 August 2007 3:28:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I [no Tapp I am not a slave to my party] think Kev did nothing wrong, silly? yes maybe wrong no.
And just maybe we must ask our selfs is this the best Howard's front bench can do?
Australia has forgiven its sports men and women for much worse.
Its actors and actresses for more indeed, can we focus on the burning question?
How did John Howard so badly miss use such a massive mandate?
Why is he so disliked?
And why can conservatives not confront the question is it to late to get rid of him?
A further question is Costello the only replacement?
Stop the lap dancing in the coalitions rooms in Parliament house and rule the country please.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 22 August 2007 6:20:46 AM
Hey Belly, wrong thread? And no answer to the question either. Will it be ok for PM Rudd to revisit Scores on his night off, while on an official visit to the US?
Posted by palimpsest, Wednesday, 22 August 2007 6:41:06 PM
Maybe that's the wrong questions as well. Will it be OK for Rudd as PM to get so plastered that he drinks so heavily that does not recall his actions later? Does the PM get that kind of night off or do we expect them to be available 24*7?

I have the impression that the heavy drinking spree and the visit to the strip club were both out of character for Rudd and are unlikely to be a real issue.

I wonder if we will ever know for sure if it was the Coalition or Rudd's own people who spilled the beans. It's the kind of embarassing incident that could be made a lot worse if it came out at the wrong time. The type a smart player might prefer to have out of the way especially if they could make themselves look a little more human and their opponents look even more like pathetic muck rackers.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 22 August 2007 7:06:10 PM
RObert, heard N. Stuart, author of a recent bio on Rudd interviewed on radio the other day, say the nightclub visit was well known by numerous people interviewed for the book, but none wanted to be quoted on the story. He also mocked the idea that Kev was quite the drinking cleanskin he presents as. So I'll allow for the possibility of a controlled Labor leak.

That anybody would drink to the point of oblivion is a worry- let's hope it was a one off.

The spin on this story has been amazing and the moralising in support of Kevin has been fantastic, and often just plain nasty. When a critic of sleaze descends to the level of their target, said critic looses their cred.
Posted by palimpsest, Wednesday, 22 August 2007 7:44:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy