The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Easy Credit a Recession Buster?

Is Easy Credit a Recession Buster?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Or is it a recipe for more economy hardship for the battlers of this country. The notion that easier credit puts more cash into the economy, and thus by stimulating spending the economy improves. This sounds well and good on the surface, but who foots the bill? The answer to that is those who can least afford it. This move is fraught with disaster, for workers and small business operators alike, already under economic stress from the Morisson/Frydenburg imposed recession. Who should benefit from the easing of credit restrictions, the Coalition friendly big banks that's who! The changes will also remove some of the burden on banks to ensure people do not enter into loans they cannot afford to pay back, Frydenberg said the changes would significantly cut red tape, for whom the banks of course. Just as a used car salesman is in the business of selling dodge old cars, the banks are in the business of selling dodgy old credit. The track record of the big banks acting dishonestly has been well and truly exposed by the Royal Commission. Should this "easing of credit" come into law, then the foreclosures, bad debts, bankruptcies etc, plus a host of social problems, family breakup, suicides etc will all increase.

BTW; Household debt in Australia is the second highest in the world, as a percentage of GDP, second only to Switzerland.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 27 September 2020 8:13:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There's only one recession buster but the bureaudroids don't like to implement it. A reduction in Public Service high-end Bureaucrat salaries !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 27 September 2020 1:18:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,

Soot Morrison and his sidekick Frydenberg are going to allow companies to trade while insolvent as a way of keeping taxpayers in a job.

I wonder if nobodies like me will be allowed to ask a company if it is operating while insolvent before I sign a contract for it to supply any goods and services to me.

Or is that the risk taxpayers will have to run so that Soot and his sidekick can tell Australia "Look, people are still working and unemployment is under control. We're on your side. Look how we took control of the situation in Cobargo."
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 27 September 2020 2:58:11 PM
Misopionated,

I presume you're talking about the bush-fires last year. Morrison is in charge of the federal government. Bushfire control is a state government responsibility, over which Morrison has no control.

Pity you've never studied sociology, or public policy or politics.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Sunday, 27 September 2020 3:26:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
FOULmouth,

I thought Homer Simpson was a cartoon character until I met you.

You're so ignorant you cannot make out when someone is being sarcastic. Come to think of it that is actually a Simpsonism.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 27 September 2020 3:48:11 PM
Westpac has been fined $1.3 billion for doing business with paedophiles and other criminals. All while pocketing big profits for such activity, which they knew about for years. Disgusting that the recession kids, ScumO' and Friedbrain, want to give these shonks open slather to rip off the unsuspecting!
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 27 September 2020 6:17:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy