The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is life all about money?

Is life all about money?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All
Misopinionated,

One of my brothers is a mechanical engineer. You mentoned archaeology: when I was in primary school in Penrith, I was mad keen on prehistoric man, I borrowed all the library books, drew all the skulls, the Taung Boy, Cro-Magnon man (or Woman?), Misop Man, etc. and made myself a stone axe (a stone tied to a stick), and also a spear out of a bit of an old fence paling, which I drove into my foot. I think there are still bits there.

Anthropology yes, of course. Still have a book-case of Anthrop books. All of the arts and humanities are fascinating, actually, even environmental sociology. So much to learn ! Like Paul says, so much to read ! Oh, brave new world !

Give it a go !

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Friday, 18 September 2020 4:16:33 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
FOULmouth,

I feel sorry for your brother. I hate being an engineer but not enough to commit suicide of course.

I'm happy you find anthropology interesting. I was initially trained in it but found sociology more my thing because sociology covers everything and I like knowing about everything. Which means we have something in common.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 18 September 2020 5:36:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Misop,

Yes, my brother got a job with a certain national milk company, to find a way to compress milk for exporting to Europe. He stuck at it for six months but didn't succeed. Nobody has yet.

Strange, I've never heard of anybody bragging about sociology. I wonder if it actually exists.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Friday, 18 September 2020 5:58:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
FOULmouth,

Have you heard the expression:

History is sociology without the brains and sociology is history without the hard work.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 18 September 2020 6:24:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Joe,
It's easy to compress milk - you just suck all the juice out of it.

Incompressible liquids are such slippery fellows - not at all conformist with P1V1 = P2V2, and they much prefer Bernoulli's as the way to go.

I dust my coffee with a packet-brand, do da, do da.
Creamy white and silky smooth, oh do da day.

Sociologists know all these things.
Or, so they tell me.
Tea, anyone?
Posted by Saltpetre, Saturday, 19 September 2020 1:38:17 AM
Hi Joe,

Can't you compress a cow so it becomes a calf, only half the size, and send them that? Or instead of sending it to them in 2 litre bottles, send it to them in 1 litre's, only half the size. My good friend and fellow research enthusiast Professor Googarnut has spent his entire life researching that very subject, the holy grail of research, he is now 97 and still at it! Fondly known as Professor Nut in the higher echelons of research the good professor came up with formula we are all familiar with;

E=MC2.... Eggs = Milk x Cow X Cow. Some other Professor of little consequence, I believe named Albert, tried to cash in on Pr Nut's great research, even stealing his formula! Presently Professor Googernut is feeding Mabel (our research cow) 400Kg of strawberries a day, and has been doing so for 25 years, a breakthrough in the delivery of strawberry flavoured milk is expected some day soon !

Professor Googernut is also deep into researching the possibility of chickens laying square eggs, just think of the benefits to mankind if such was possible?

Joe, have a good day.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 19 September 2020 6:19:05 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All