The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sleep Faster

Sleep Faster

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Sleep Faster.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bQxqIKTO2Ck

Arnold Schwarzenegger Says; it is a "fail" to have a plan "B".
Is Schwarzenegger too inflexible with his punishing view?

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 6 September 2020 11:36:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I remember when he first started at about 16. What he calls 'a vision' is egotism to normal people. What he calls success is greed & selfishness to normal people.
You'll find that with 'successful' people & although they're always 'nice', there is an ever-present me, me, me surfacing with predictable regularity by which one could set one's clock by.
Don't get me wrong, this is not meant to be criticism or character assassination, it's merely observation.
The very same scenario plays out in Bureaucracy. The self invariably overrides consideration for others.
You find it in Sport, Entertainment & even among volunteers, hell, even among the religious zealots !
It's just human trait which only some are disinclined to exercise.
Posted by individual, Monday, 7 September 2020 8:44:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arnie Schwarzenegger, after a magnificent performance of grunting in 'Conan the Barbarian', reminiscent of the finest works of the great Sir Laurence Olivier, Arnie created a stellar career of grunting before the cameras. He appeared in such unforgettable screen grunts as, sorry I've forgotten Arnie's classic grunting performances, someone please remind me.

DD, I did intend to watch Arnie's latest screen flick that you linked to on YouTube, but when I realised it was more than 30 seconds long, I said to myself; "Paul, life is too short" so I closed that bloody window.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 7 September 2020 12:18:36 PM
'Conan the Barbarian',
Paul1405,
When he played that role he didn't speak English so, his American Voice stand-in did all the grunting !
Posted by individual, Monday, 7 September 2020 3:20:56 PM
Arnie starts his speech by saying a pilot needs a vision or destination, or the plane will just drift around. Fine. But the pilot better have a Plan B of where to do an emergency landing if the engines fail.
Posted by Cossomby, Monday, 7 September 2020 5:14:21 PM
Indy, he still doesn't speak English, btw, what does a stand in grunter get paid. bbtw 'Conan the Barbarian' would have been better if it was a silent movie shot in a coal mine without lights
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 7 September 2020 5:27:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy