The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Condoned corruption?

Condoned corruption?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All
How on earth do Barnaby Joyce and Angus Taylor still have their jobs?

“The Coalition paid the tax haven-linked Eastern Australia Agriculture nearly double what independent valuers recommended for water licences. Most of the record $80 million from the sale ended up with a Cayman Islands company established by Energy Minister Angus Taylor. Investigative journalist Kerry Brewster has this exclusive report.”

http://www.michaelwest.com.au/barnabys-boondoggle-documents-reveal-80m-price-for-watergate-licences-was-nearly-twice-valuation/
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 18 August 2020 2:20:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SteeleRedux,

If I had a dollar for every crooked politician, bureaucrat and business person in the country I would probably get arrested for money laundering.

Talk about money laundering, how many project home builders do you reckon might be laundering money for the Lebanese mafia, bikie gangs, etc?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 18 August 2020 3:29:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Steele,

Corrupt politicians make the other ten percent look bad.
(Sorry - I couldn't resist).

I am surprised that Barnaby has lasted this long. Tony
Windsor warned about Barnaby years ago. Yet the
man's still here. There should be an investigation
into this - a thorough one, that can't be
swept under the carpet.
Although I won't hold my breathe
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 18 August 2020 3:53:31 PM
How on earth do Barnaby Joyce and Angus Taylor still have their jobs?
SteeleRedux,
For exactly the same reasons most politicians still have theirs and, what's worse, many aren't even governing !
They're getting paid (by us) for disrupting everything the Govt is trying to do for us !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 18 August 2020 4:19:13 PM
Foxy,

The level of corruption amongst politicians, bureaucrats and business people is absolutely amazing.

As a group, this social elite is enmeshed with organised crime.

We all know what is going on but nothing happens to change it.

I recommend watching the Netflix TV series 'Ozark' to get a good insight on how pervasive these people as a social group are entwined and how their operations reach into every aspect of our lives. (Apart from the message, the acting in 'Ozark' is superb and the narrative and directing are fantastic.)
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 18 August 2020 4:24:22 PM
Dear Mr Opinion,

Thanks for that - and I will watch.

It is disheartening about our politicians.

Was it always this way - Or is it just the current bunch
I wonder?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 18 August 2020 4:30:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy