The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Break The Darwin Harbour Lease, Among Other Things.

Break The Darwin Harbour Lease, Among Other Things.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. 14
  14. All
individual,

From what I saw at the time it was all Giles' baby.

I think Giles did it purposively to give Anglo-Australia a taste of its own medicine. I won't say any more than that.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 21 May 2020 7:12:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I hope he's shacking in his boots for what he did. Stupidity, incompetence & vindictiveness all in one ? I wonder if he's left the NT by now !
Posted by individual, Friday, 22 May 2020 8:31:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I've been reading "Stars and Stripes," and have learned
some interesting facts.

The military buildup in Australia's Northern Territory
which includes a record number of US marines rotating there
every summer will continue as a response to growing
Chinese capabilities - according to a former Australian defense
official.

It seems that to support US Air Force and Marine activities
Australia and the US will invest $2 billion on air-craft
maintenance, support facilities, fuel storage, and upgrades
to accommodations, training areas and ranges. The Australian
Defence Force said in a statement last year. The figure
quoted will be 2,500 marines in Darwin.

The deployment of such a large marine contingent is an
important milestone.

President Obama announced plans to rotate 2,500 marine
Air-Ground Task Force to Darwin back in 2011.
But it took 8 years for the force to reach that level.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 22 May 2020 11:51:15 AM
Even Obama was horrified by the stupid selling off of Darwin harbour when we were inviting US troops to the Territory. That reaction from a Leftist US President and the lack of action by Canberra just shows what a bunch of useless mutts our politicians are.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 22 May 2020 12:25:38 PM
The Federal Government says it postponed this year's
deployment of US Marines to Darwin because of
restrictions designed to slow the spread of COVID-19.

About 2,500 US troops were scheduled to arrive in the
NT in the next few weeks. The Defence Minister said
a possible later deployment would be discussed.

The NT Chief Minister said the Marines would be welcomed
back after the crisis.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 22 May 2020 1:15:23 PM
Foxy,

When Obama found out about the leasing of Darwin Harbour to a Chinese state affiliated company he berated Turnbull for not giving America the heads up on what was going down prior to the lease being granted.

I saw it on TV when Obama was here and Turnbull looked at him with a stunned mullet look on his face. It's a wonder Turnbull didn't say to Obama "A deal's a deal!"

Thank God America is still willing to protect Australia from a Chinese invasion as a benefit of still being friends with the greatest democracy the world has ever seen.

Does any one know the story behind the Pacific War of 1941-45. China is going along the same path as Japan was in the events leading up to that war.

But as the Chinese business woman in Sydney was overheard saying: "Aren't the Australians dumb!" Yes lady, they sure are!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 22 May 2020 1:34:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12
  12. 13