The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > voting age

voting age

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
She is avowedly a stay at home mum who intends to home school.
SteeleRedux,
Why shouldn't she vote if the father/s of her children support her ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 10 March 2020 5:50:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Maybe their shouldn't be an age, but a test.

You have to prove that you have a basic understanding of things and are capable of making rational decisions.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 10 March 2020 8:07:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear loudmouth2,

Yup mate I'm calling you out.

Your criteria once again appear to be those “especially in Indigenous communities”.

What does it matter whether they are intent on working after raising their children. We are discussing the period where they are taking care of their offspring. I certainly agree the independence and self esteem that work brings is important. But you are the one making the distinction between my niece and a young mum in an indigenous community so you really don't get to call my comment stupid, especially when you have just validated its premise.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 10 March 2020 8:37:29 PM
Posted by Runner, Tuesday, 10 March 2020 1:47:48 PM

" .. My observation is that women who have chosen to stay at home and look after their kids are generally happier than some of the nasty feminist career women (like on the abc) who love to see themselves as victims. Sad that families no longer see themselves as a unit but rather selfish individuals just taking what they can. ... "

Posted by loudmouth2, Tuesday, 10 March 2020 12:20:56 PM

" ... And of course, in many communities, women, by definition, never work again once they have started to have their kids, even though seasonal work on fruit-picking, etc., is freely available. ... "

I have to say that broadly, if not entirely, I agree with Runner on this one and find Joe LM comments and those similar to be quite repugnant.

There are few things better than a traditional stay at home parent. Many men, would never have got anywhere near as far as they did were it not for the power behind the throne.

Often times, a very capable woman, who keeps the home luving, clean and orderly, who makes the most wonderful home cooked foods, who does provide the bedrock for productive, healthy and well adjusted children

(running them around for all their needs)

clean and ironed clothes, a beautiful and well kept garden and the list goes on.

To suggest in any shape or form that this is not work is an absolute and complete and utter ....'ing nonsense. The reality is that too many bludging, trash males have been parasitically taking advantage of their women for far too long and in my mind, the role of the stay at home partner should be enshrined and protected such that they cannot be financially or otherwise taken advantage of.
Posted by rEPRUSu, Wednesday, 11 March 2020 2:57:54 AM
Currently, I am happily single. And after work and study is done, I make my own ...'ing bed. Do my own ....'ing washing. Cook my own ....ing meals etc

Do you really reckon that I don't miss some of the creature comforts of a luving home carer? Fully shagged after being at it all day dealing with #@%^ #%^s and then having to tend house on top?

Some of you really need to have a good look at yourselves in the mirror, when the reality is some of you do little more than sit on your fat @#%^E's half the day fiddling with your phone and your pencil and full of bloated self conceit, then turn up home and expect everything to be done for you. @#&^ off.

And Runner, just remember that you speak of an idyllic situation.

And to a large extent I hear you.

But just think of how many women are grossly taken advantage of and not in any way appropriately rewarded for their efforts.

That's why there are so many feminazis and hairybacks. Because they've had a gut full of being taken advantage of by scumbag males.

Having said that, I saw to it my former partners were educated and also had employment. So, we became part time workers, and part time home carers and for the most part we shared equally in these roles.

But to listen to some of the sh!t written here that suggests looking after a child and being a home maker etc etc is not a job makes me hostile.

Back in the day when one home maker was the norm, one wage was enough. But then what happened? All of a sudden, the economy was re-set and for the working poor, there was no choice but for Mum to go out and work too Runner. Not just for personal self development.

And who do we have to blame for that. Child Abuser party 1 and Child Abuser party 2.

For %#@&*%'s ....ing sake, give some one else a go at the top job.
Posted by rEPRUSu, Wednesday, 11 March 2020 3:21:59 AM
Paul,

"The LNP have no problem using our youth as cannon fodder in wars, lower the voting age to 16. While we're at it apply a sinility test to all old farts..."

You keep your nose out of my sins.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 11 March 2020 7:29:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy