The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Danger of Extremism In Australia.

The Danger of Extremism In Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Everybody just stay calm, don't panic, everything's going to be alright.

(It's not really, but that's what you tell people isn't it?)
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 29 February 2020 9:05:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'For every one you can name, I could name a 100 in the "church".'

as the champion of lying narratives I doubt it very much Paul.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 29 February 2020 9:30:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Left-wing terrorism: it's certainly possible. My grandfather was a Wobbly, an anarchist although as far as I can tell a peaceful one. 100-150 years ago, anarchists across Europe (and the US) were assassinating leaders and politicians, at least one tsar and a US president, usually by blowing them up.

In order to preserve the respectability of the genuine left-wing, I would suggest that these anarchists were (and a few still are) were (are) more the fascist wing of a distorted 'left' rather than, in any way, its core. Of course, all causes have their ratbags, and both the Guillets Jaunes in France and the Extinction Rebellion have those elements in them. Under Stalin, they would have been the executioners. Under Hitler, the SS.

Sorry for getting the discussion off-track - please return to your petty squabbles :)

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Sunday, 1 March 2020 11:08:14 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Runner, if I'm not mistaken, you believe wholeheartedly in the divinity of he who is known as "The Christ" Jesus by some.

I have no problem with that.

And that the crimes of the earthly church/es is a terribly vexed and most tortuous question for you. But that you would not ever want to "throw the Baby out with the bath water," so to speak.

Again, I have no problem with that and recognise the "Spiritual dilemma" of the situation which more than a few are faced with.

And, regarding pell, or anyone else for that matter, I do believe that he like any other is entitled to a fair hearing, notwithstanding in his case it would be no easy matter to find an impartial jury. It would perhaps have been better that he was judged by wig parasites alone.

However, whilst I may have heard something on the news to the effect that there was some question about whether he could have even been at the location of the incident which led to his imprisonment, other than that, I am completely unfamiliar with the case.

So, as there is much controversy surrounding this, and assuming the judgement has been published, why not put up a thread with a link to same and we will collectively do our best to impartially examine it.

I accept that he should have otherwise received a fair trial. And here again, the laws and court processes that govern child abuse allegations, if anything like those of domestic violence may will also be a bastardy of justice. Much of the "white trash law" in this country is.

But in any event, for my part, I am happy to examine this with you. And whilst there may be some who take the opportunity to "throw eggs," I think that you should not shy away from it on account of that alone.

Or are you only an "aspiring Christian" who does otherwise fear "Gethsemane?"

Incidentally, I am wondering if you enjoy to grow living things, like flowers? I have always enjoyed growing things.
Posted by rEPRUSu, Sunday, 1 March 2020 5:33:00 PM
btw, whilst I am no longer religious

(and often times highly irreligious and blasphemous)

I was raised Christian and later baptised into the "Church of the Mystic Christ" now known as the Independent Church of Australia.

They are eccentric, left of main and arguabley very progressive. So long as one is not intoxicated or hostile, everyone is welcome. As of last I heard the position of Meritus was shared by a woman and a gay man.

For right or for wrong, for better or worse, they are not harming anyone.

Now, some of my Islamic friends will tell you that it is quite self-delusional to assume one knows the mind of God/s and worse still to act as judge, jury and executioner in God/s name.

In the matter of LGBTism, I would suggest that whilst one is quite free to state ones own personal sexual preferences

(and I have personally only ever wanted to park my member in hot and wet puss)

that as these people are doing no harm, provided their sexual acts are conducted with those of age and with consent, that it really is a matter to leave in the capable hands of your God. Have a little faith that regardless of what happens "down here in the Hell of Earth that in the finality things will be set straight.

Do not be troubled by such things as it will only cause dissonance and ill health in your own mind.

Incidentally, my former church first married 2 scissoring Lesby girls here in Perth in 1971 and were run out of town for it and thereafter relocated to the eastern states.
Posted by rEPRUSu, Sunday, 1 March 2020 5:55:32 PM
rEPRUSu

Runner, if I'm not mistaken, you believe wholeheartedly in the divinity of he who is known as "The Christ" Jesus by some. That's true

I have no problem with that. thankyou

And that the crimes of the earthly church/es is a terribly vexed and most tortuous question for you. But that you would not ever want to "throw the Baby out with the bath water," so to speak.

Religion produces the best and worse of people. Over the last 100 years non religious people have certainly produced a tirade of evil from killing millions of unborn babies to sexualises children.
For sure the Catholic church and others have done great harm to children in their care. I suspect their abusers are at no greater rate than the general community. Leftist politicians have always hidden the sins of their members with many abusers in their ranks. I suspect here in Australia that the Catholic church which built many schools, hospitals and charities have don far more good than the virtue signalling immoral Marxist Greens who push lying narrative after lying narrative and has contributed nothing to this nation. I am fan of the Catholic church but seek to present truth rather than lying narratives.

tbc
Posted by runner, Sunday, 1 March 2020 6:55:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All