The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are Awards in 2020 Simply a Right To Blackmail?

Are Awards in 2020 Simply a Right To Blackmail?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I caught part of a segment on SKY channel earlier and they were doing a piece on Bettina Arndt, calling for her Order of Australia Medal to be revoked.

http://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6126749266001

I have several questions:
'Did she win the Award fair and square, and if she did how can anyone propose to take what she earned on a basis of merit away?

I think it's similar to the Margaret Court saga.
Simply because she holds an opinion that others disagree with, the narrative of the social engineers demand this person be shunned, blacklisted and punished for stepping off their 'politically correct' reservation.

Why give her the medal in the first place?
- If they later say 'You don't deserve it after all'?

Was it only given on the basis that 'If you ever hold a different opinion to us we'll publicly punish and shame you worse than if you'd never gotten the medal in the first place'?

Are awards now simply a right to blackmail or have control over people?

This topic isn't necessarily about either of these two women, it's about the actions of those who disagree with their views and don't think they have a right to share them.

Ironically, this 'control' from advocates against domestic violence is no different whatsoever to the type of control measures advocates against domestic violence say they are fighting against.

- Think about that.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 24 February 2020 9:56:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The vicious, bitchy attack on Bettina Arndt was started by Batty Rose. Non stop virtue signalling and turning personal tragedies into job opportunities is passe, and Batty Rose is probably suffering from recognition deprivation. Getting stuck into another woman who was nominated for and was granted, an award, is pretty low grade and says more about Batty Rose than it does about her target.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 24 February 2020 11:16:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Simply put, had the killer been of a different ethnicity or religion the press would demanded people wait to see if 'mental health' was a factor in these murders. Considering close to 50% of this type of murder is done by mothers I think it was reasonable for the Policeman and Bettina to advise caution and look at all aspects. It could well turn out he was a controlling murderous maniac. It is also the case men denied the right of access to their own kids by women who sometimes lie can be pushed to desperation. I am not sure that simple facts and commonsense should be 'controversial' except by those who hate males.
Posted by runner, Monday, 24 February 2020 11:36:26 AM
Surely this is an example of hate speech by the back door.

No matter which door it uses, the perpetrates should be prosecuted.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 24 February 2020 11:46:43 AM
As I said on another thread that awarding Bettina Arndt an O of A “for significant service to the community as a social commentator, and to gender equity through advocacy for men”, is nonsense. Now she has tried to mitigate, and by inference, justify the actions of Rowan Baxter in murdering his three children and their mother. Disgraceful!
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 24 February 2020 6:46:19 PM
lefties again using these murders to push their cause. I suppose they did it with the bushfire deaths. In time they always get caught out.
Posted by runner, Monday, 24 February 2020 9:30:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy