The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Debacle of Dawkins... hate, Intolerance and fundamentalist Scientism

The Debacle of Dawkins... hate, Intolerance and fundamentalist Scientism

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Hehe BD! Have you read any of his books? Quite frankly in
intellectual terms, Dawkins makes you look like a schoolboy
in short pants and his fly undone :)

You religious warriors haven't a hope! Trying to shoot
the messenger just won't work, even if trying to, makes
you feel a bit better.

Next you'll be telling us that the shining lights of
Christian fundamentalism, like Robertson and Falwell,
can actually walk and chew gum at the same time.
Posted by Yabby, Sunday, 19 August 2007 7:03:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Danielle said: "I agree again with BOAZ_David in his insightful comment about Dawkins’ “scientific fundamentalism”. Fundamentalism of any kind is the product of lazy thinking."

By "scientific fundamentalism", I think you mean philosophical naturalism. Such naturalism is not a result of empirical scientific inquiry, but a presupposition of science. In the case of Darwinism, an a priori commitment to atheistic naturalism precludes all possibility of supernatural intervention in the cosmos. This philosophical bias has far-reaching implications for how scientific theories on the origin of life and the universe are evaluted. Considering the bias toward philosophical naturalism, it is understandable why intelligent design caused such a fuss, and why most of those who opposed intelligent design did so for theological reasons, rather than on empirically-based grounds.

As for Dawkins, his latest book is nothing more than a dogmatic, anti-religious diatribe. His hatred for any kind of theism (Christianity in particular) has clouded his judgement to the point that he is trying to critique something that he obviously has no clue about. Most rational minds would understand that such pugnacious atheist fundamentalism is not grounded in objective reasoning.
Posted by Dresdener, Sunday, 19 August 2007 11:23:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"and why most of those who opposed intelligent design did so for theological reasons, rather than on empirically-based grounds."

Nope Dresdener, as any skeptic will tell you, its for lack
of substantiated evidence. The alleged Almighty is free to
write his rules on the face of the moon, for us all to see and
take note! He's never bothered....
Posted by Yabby, Sunday, 19 August 2007 11:36:08 PM
Hello, i think like Dawkins a lot. I am not an agnostic though, i just do not believe in any form of religion. I feel that it is an accepted form of madness, and it is also a very dangerous comodity, as proven by the current holy wars.
If someone is suffering an acute psychotic episode, and having delusions of a religious nature, they are deemed to be insane, by those who have no understanding of the illness.
When people congregate in a church or individually anywhere else, talking to someone from above, i consider these people no different, as i think they are not rational or in touch with reality.
These people are echoing the same superstisions, fears, and ignorance of people who lacked education thousands of years ago.
They are easily led and live their lives riddled with guilt and fear, they are also obsessive and habitual as a result.
Politicians have jumped in on the act, by doing the "me too, hillsongs" or any other money seeking rat bag orginisations, to use fear to gain the hearts and minds of people, for their own self interested political ambitions.
Religion is big business and it has merged with corporate and political partys to confuse and instill fear in the masses, they also display hate and intolerance toward their detractors
Posted by Sarah101, Monday, 20 August 2007 11:24:44 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles and CJ.. regarding the link, sorry if it didn't work, it did work for me... but his position is well known and documented anyway.. cf Dresdeners point about his latest book.

Sarah101.. welcome :) even though you call me a loony.... I have bitten you a few times, so I guess a return bite is to be expected.
You said:

"They are easily led and live their lives riddled with guilt and fear, they are also obsessive and habitual as a result."

err...not quite. riddled with guilt ? Only when we have grieved the Holy Spirit by sinning.... and then, we can restore things through confession and repentance.. which, by the way is a life process not just a 'one of' thing. If we didn't feel the occasional twinge of guilt, we would not be able to enjoy the true joy and peace that comes from knowing Christ.

Your comment would be true about some.. agreed.. but
a) not me
b) Your comment does not describe the Biblical condition for a Christian.

Yabby.. Dawkins would make me look an intellectual dwarf ? :) heck mate...YOU would probably do the same.. with all that brain power going there.. I comfort myself with the truth of a "simple Gospel for a sinful world" :
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 21 August 2007 3:01:22 PM
I do not use the term looney, i have too much respect for people with a mental illness, and i do pardon your ignorance.
It is my experience that people with a mental illness are more genuine than most people, especially those people who have never experienced suffering.
The madness i see, is the misguided inhumane believers who accept the unjust killing of people, and accept the punishing of asylum seekers and Aboriginals.
Posted by Sarah101, Tuesday, 21 August 2007 4:24:24 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy