The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Calls for zero alcohol blood levels for motorists.

Calls for zero alcohol blood levels for motorists.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
"But would this lessen the road toll?"
mHaze,
No, it wouldn't but a National Service would ensure a shift to a better mentality ! We can't expect people to be better than they are if they have no guidelines to live by ! How can we expect people to behave better for even their own good when their indoctrination mentality doesn't allow them to think in a considerate manner ?
A NS would be a kind of antibiotic for the mind that is infected with pseudo-intellectual indoctrination which has now reached endemic levels that puts the Corona virus to shame !
Speeding, hooning & drink-driving are a direct result of extremely poor mentality brought on by poor education.
Posted by individual, Monday, 17 February 2020 7:14:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Speed limits are set to give everybody a fair go. How many times are you held up at intersections because some one is definitely over the speed limit. You have to recalculate someones speed every time you want to cut in or join the traffic.
Over limit driving is pure ignorance to other motorists.
One at a time in a roundabout.
Vehicles should come standard with black box recorders so police can plug in and download your driving habits.
People that pass another vehicle sitting on the speed limit is a non compliant driver. For some reason they can not stand being second in line. Absolute piggery.
Posted by Riely, Monday, 17 February 2020 9:00:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The present minimum for truck drivers is 0.02 not 0.002 whilst for normal drivers it is 0.05%

One of the reasons for not going lower is that any reading below 0.02 is unreliable and a small portion of the population can produce readings close to 0.02 with no alcohol consumption.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 17 February 2020 9:44:59 AM
Issy, I find it hard to believe the stats on your link.
I notice that the youth of today are more into shots, spirits and wine, than those of previous generations.
I can only wonder that if the stats are even close to the truth, if more youngen's are choosing to Uber or are just choosing not to get a license in the first place.
I suppose some might say, we don't care how it happens whether they have a license or not, as long as there are less drunk drivers on the road.
Well that's a good thought but it does not tell the truth about the number of people relative to who is drinking and driving.
It just tells us that there is a drop in drunk drivers but not what caused it.
In other words, if everyone stopped driving, we would get zero road fatalities, and zero drunk driving, zero speeding tickets, running red lights, and the list goes on.
I'm sorry but with every human endeavor there has always been a two way street.
Where there is a benefit, there is always a risk.
Unfortunately we report the results of the risks but never the benefits, which become part of our day-to-day lives, and we become complacent.
It's just like investing money.
You invest in the knowledge that you are going to gain from it, but no-one highlights the fact that you have just entered into a risk.
So while the investment is making money, you are happy, but when it turns sour, you too become sour at the negative outcome.
This is just another facet of life, as is driving.
You get the good and along with it comes the risk of all the bad things, like death.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 17 February 2020 10:45:02 AM
"But would this lessen the road toll?"

Yeah probably, but you've got to see the bigger picture.

Driverless Cars.

- They'll argue that with driverless cars there's no need for anyone to be operating a motor vehicle whilst under the influence.

The limit will become ZERO, give it time.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 17 February 2020 11:03:33 AM
Harsher penalties. Our society is far too lenient with drunks. Could that be because the people who deal out penalties are piss artists themselves? I read an article a couple of days about someone trying to quit the addiction in a society "obsessed with alcohol". Initially I thought that obsession was a bit much, but perhaps it is the truth.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 17 February 2020 11:34:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy