The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Flogging a Dead Horse, its Name be Coal.

Flogging a Dead Horse, its Name be Coal.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Thinking on the bushfires and subsequent rains, it seems to me that nature responds quickly to balance out what goes on on the planet.
If there's bushfires, nature responds with rains.

With that in mind it seems more logical to me that other bigger changes happening on the planet are more likely due to forces outside the planet.

So I still think the pecking order is this:

1. Solar activity
2. Earth axis and orbit
3 (Distant 3) Humans

Thinking on Northern Africa and the Sahara.
This has shown to be completely swamped by seawater several thousand years ago.
Did humans cause it?

What about Doggerland off the coast of England, that sank.
Did humans cause that?

Wasn't Sri Lanka once a part of India?
Did humans cause that to break off?

Wasn't Indonesia once connected to to the main Asian continent?
Did humans cause that to break off?

And at the end of the day....
What if it starts raining fire 300 days out of 365 starting tomorrow?

- We adapt or die, that's what we do -

So I don't care for any of this scaremongering climate bs.

Give me practical idea to do things better, and NOT dilemmas to argue over and policies designed to enslave us.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 15 February 2020 12:19:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Armchair Critic,

As a sociologist I can tell you that the reason you think that way is because you are a devoutly religious man and you have the fear of God in you.

Your particular world view is a religious view not a scientific view so you look for answers that are not based on scientific theories and premises.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 15 February 2020 12:49:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,

I could tell you what levels of math I did towards my engineering degree but you would not understand what I was talking about.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 15 February 2020 12:55:45 PM
I'm religious. Lol
- Now that's the funniest damn thing I've heard all week.

I've repeatedly shown opposition to both Sharia Law (Islam) and Noahide Law (Judaism), and voiced my opposition to any kind of theocracy.
I've also criticised Christianity on numerous occasions for the flaws I see in their beliefs and religion.
They're willing to slow walk the planet off a cliff on a basis of willful ignorance in the hope Jesus might return in their lifetimes.

I believe in ethics over and above religion and scripture.
With ethics, I can discern the Pro's and Con's of all religions.
I can look at any religion with an open mind and take in both the good and bad aspects of that belief system.

Speaking of which it's you that's arguably more religious than me.
It doesn't necessarily have to include a god to be a religion.
People who trade the stock market, money is their religion;
They're like drug addicts.
Research has shown that for them making money is like taking a hit of cocaine.
And people like yourself who never shut up about the climate, well that's your religion.

It's the creed you live by that governs all you primary thoughts and beliefs.

- You're the religious one, not me -

Me, I believe in secular ethics.
There's 4 things you need to become wise, and religion isn't one of them.

1. Truth
2. Ethics
3. Ability to separate arguments that hold merit from those that don't.
4. Ability to see the bigger picture in things.

As well as a good knowledge of all things in general.

I have my own creed and religion isn't a part of it.

1. Stay on top of things
2. Make the most of life's opportunities
3. Don't allow others to get the best of you.

Sorry, but religion just isn't in there.
I'm agnostic.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 15 February 2020 8:24:37 PM
You missed one other little thing Armchair Critic that humans are not responsible, the Himalayas. We did not push them up& they have a much greater effect on the climate systems of the planet than some minor trace element like CO2 could ever have, no matter what it's percentage of the atmosphere.

I am getting more than a little sick of the ratbag element that can actually believe that a trace gas can be responsible for everything bad in the universe.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 17 February 2020 8:27:18 AM
Paul,

The dead horse that got flogged was brown eye Bob with his ludicrous anti coal caravan. He did more for the liberals than anyone else.

The greenies have gifted us with renewables, high power prices and a network that tetters on the edge of collapse every time we have a hot day.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 17 February 2020 9:06:34 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11