The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Coronavirus And Multiculturalism

Coronavirus And Multiculturalism

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
In Adelaide, we've had two only cases of coronavirus reported: Chinese Nationals, who slipped into the country apparently to buy real estate, thereby closing down a real estate office for two weeks and probably ruining the chance of sale for the owners of the properties they visited, at least for the virus hysteria period, however long it lasts.

These two characters, now quarantined in hospital, claimed that they had been nowhere else but the properties they visited and the family home they stayed at. However, their mobile phones tell a different story. The health authorities are not disclosing just where these people have really been - they probably don't want any further hysteria.

Radio talk back has come up with a couple of incredible stories. A 'Chinese doctor' has reported that a patient refused to shake her hand. Would a doctor really report that? Would a patient enter the room of a doctor if he or she thought that doctor was diseased?

Another yarn has a 'Malaysian student' reporting that a 'white man' deliberately sat himself down beside her on a bus and advised where she should take her dirty little, virus-ridden self. Would a redneck who couldn't distinguish between a Malay and a Chinese really put his ignorant self at risk by sitting next to a disease carrier?

Nonsense from some race obsessed nitwit.

More credible are reports that China Town is deserted, and Chinese restaurants with high non-Chinese clienteles are closing up or struggling.

While it is highly unlikely that long term Chinese living in Australia, even born in Australia, have had any contact with coronavirus unless they have visited China recently, hysteria has taken over. Chinese look different, so they are to be avoided.

So much for the "successful multiculturalism" myth and relativism that has quickly disappeared for people who look Chinese or Asian of some sort.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 9 February 2020 10:13:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Our local small town has a community Face Book page and a few days ago someone with a Chinese name made a post about how it is racist to call the a corona virus the “ Chinese virus” and that we are all horrible people etc. As one local pointed out, no one ever complained that the Spanish Flu was a racist label.
If the virus does become the pandemic that health authorities fear, then we will see a further breakdown in the “ multiculturalism “ everyone claims exists around the world.
People have always been tribal and that becomes increasingly obvious in times of danger.
Posted by Big Nana, Sunday, 9 February 2020 2:30:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Are people aware that the Black Death in Europe in 1348 and the Spanish Flu had their origins in China. And of course SARS in 2003. Seems like there is something about that part of the world where viruses like to evolve (This is one for the historians to work out.)

Because Sydney has a very large Chinese population whose members are in transit between Sydney and their ancestral homeland I for one have been avoiding places where there are lots of Chinese. Why run the risk that I could get infected by someone who just got back from China?

I have been told that Chatswood, Rhodes, Eastwood, Cabramatta, Hurstville, etc., where Chinese make up to 90% of the population, are basically deserted because people are trying to avoid contact with the Chinese. Again, why run the risk?

I haven't used public transport for the last 2-3 weeks because half of the people using public transport in Sydney are Chinese. Again, why run the risk?

I haven't eaten in cafes and restaurants where Chinese frequent or prepare food. Again, why run the risk?

I don't think taking precautions against being infected by someone who has picked up coronavirus from a recent trip to China is being anti-multicultural. I see it as just common sense.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 9 February 2020 4:19:38 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Fiji, PNG & some of the other small Nations will go ahead with engaging China's help if Australia doesn't cough up.
Now is the chance to talk to these nations about the amount of foreign aid from Australia & how much is not enough. Let them take in the Chinese fleeing from Wuhan, I'm sure they'll pay the prices asked !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 9 February 2020 4:21:05 PM
I'm surprised there is a need for Qantas to bend over for the Chinese wanting out of China, when our own Government couldn't suck hard enough to make it happen, against the bleeding obvious stupid it was, as China itself was quarantining its own cities.

"...Look mommy, there is a Chinese man flying through the air, heading towards Sydney.
No Billy, that's only Scott Morrison breathing in!..."

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 9 February 2020 8:10:30 PM
Dear Mr. Opinion,

«Seems like there is something about that part of the world where viruses like to evolve»

Most likely, the indiscriminate eating of animals.

In the case of the current outbreak of coronavirus, it is probably of snakes.

Also Ebola and AIDS from Africa - bats and monkeys.

The bible instructs that if one really must eat animals, though ideally one should not, then they should be of lower risk: of beasts - only those that both chew their cud and have split hooves; of those who live in water - only those that have fins and scales; of birds - a long list is excluded, essentially of birds of prey; of creepy-crawlers, only 4 species are allowed. It also instructs to first let all blood out and use salt to ensure that none is left.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 10 February 2020 8:26:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy