The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Folau and the Huge RA payout.

Folau and the Huge RA payout.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Dear Leo Lane,

You wrote;

"“Preservatory” does not appear to be an English word but more like a baseless concoction of an uneducated person, like yourself,with no engliish. You really need a course in English, to compensate for your schoolboy delinquency, and general illiteracy."

Loosen up old cock, you witnessed a protologism become a neologism so you really should be thanking me. (BTW English has only a single 'i').

Anyway, good to see you still kicking.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 15 December 2019 12:50:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Reflux, that is a heap of rubbish, typical of you. Protologism is a term invented in the early 2000s by Mikhail Epstein, an American literary theorist, to refer to a new word which has not gained wide acceptance in the language. A protologism becomes a neologism as soon as it appears in published press, on a website or book independent from the coiner, which Reflux asserts to be himself.
When and where did you coin the word, Reflux?. How do you assert its publication to be independent of yourself, Reflux?

Further proof of your lack of education is not needed,, Reflux. It is painfully obvious that your actions are those of an uneducated ignoramus.
“Preservatory” is not a new word,it is an obsolete English word so is not a neologism when published in circumstances obviously not applicable,I n any event, to a change of status of this word
You have reverted to making a fool of yourself again with each of your posts
Posted by Leo Lane, Tuesday, 17 December 2019 7:06:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leo,

SR can't even grasp the meaning of precedent.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 18 December 2019 3:14:25 AM
No, S.M but he can follow his own precedent of making a fool of himself with each of his posts.
He remains delusional
Posted by Leo Lane, Wednesday, 18 December 2019 9:41:00 AM
Dear Leo Lane,

This is a term I usually reserve for Shadow Minister but you are fitting the bill to a tee.

You are as slippery as a butcher's dick.

First you assert that “Preservatory” wasn't an English word but “a baseless concoction of an uneducated person”.

Now you are asserting it is an English word but it fell into disuse?

Well make up your bloody mind old cock, tis one or the other. Actually what has happened is you finally decided to check didn't you.

I was hoping to have you dig yourself a little deeper hole before sticking this under your gouty old proboscis;

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/preservatory

It is of course a word and it is still in current use. First coined by the Bishop of Norwich in the 1500s.

Here is a business selling preserves which calls itself The Preservatory.

http://thepreservatory.com/

Very much in current use.

Oh I do enjoy educating the uneducated. You have been schooled old boy. Do take it with a bit of grace this time.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 18 December 2019 9:54:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy