The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Access for West Australian farmers to semi-automatic firearms

Access for West Australian farmers to semi-automatic firearms

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Paul1405,
I can only listen to American yapping for a very limited time so, I didn't watch the video to the end. From what I watched I could not see any evidence that the Australian gun lobby desires for 95% of gun owners to acquire this weapon which I think is simply evil !
My question is, why are factories even allowed to produce such a thing ?
If you cared to check you'd most likely find that it mostly falls down to lack of a sense of responsibility, care & general decency that comes from not having a National Service that people develop such a poor mentality that makes them want to have such weapons.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 8:09:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indy, as we have discussed before, I am not totally opposed to some form of national service for ALL young people, no exceptions. I do however oppose out of hand, any form of military service as an option. Any NS must be of a real positive benefit, not Micky Mouse stuff, and must complement career and the future advancement of your people. There must be choice for participants and real outcomes. Agree?
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 9:29:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

Are you as silly as the Acting Minister?

Surely not; you must have had a look at firing semi-autos with a bootlace, but as that would shew up your feigned indignation you cynically chose not to give it a mention,

Bump stocks are irrelevant to Australia as the legal users of semi-auto firearms are interested in accuracy as, presumably, are the illegal users.

" Can a semi automatic gun be made fully automatic with a shoelace?
This question previously had details. They are now in a comment.

Yes it can be done, at least with certain guns. You need a gun that has a reciprocating bolt handle, like a Mini 14 or a 10/22. And the ATF will come after you, as indicated by the letter below.

So why is it illegal and bumpfire stocks are not? It seems that they consider the string trick to be firing more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger — which is the definition of “full-auto.”
http://www.quora.com/Can-a-semi-automatic-gun-be-made-fully-automatic-with-a-shoelace

One should also consider the morality of manufacturing bootlaces in view of the above.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 1:47:12 PM
Paul1405,
Good to see your new approach to NS.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 4:22:57 PM
I'd like to see his new approach to truth telling and referencing his wild delusions.

Are you the fourth member of Gun Control Australia, Paul?

It's not George Soros 'cause he's the mentor.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 26 November 2019 11:28:58 PM
An old friend (84) told me that he served six months NS in Australia in the 60's. Reckons he lost six months of his life !
When I suggested that that is a very small sacrifice to live in a comparatively safe society, he failed to acknowledge the benefit.
He doesn't see anything wrong with people being away from Australia for extended periods during which they contribute no tax but then demand a pension later in life. I'm afraid I don't understand such self-centredness.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 28 November 2019 1:36:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy